Have any of you seen the movie "The Village"?

by Lady Liberty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

About a month ago a movie was on Cable called "The Village". It was a freaky movie, and I was a little uncomfortable watching it, but nothing ever happened that made me turn the channel. Turns out there is quite a twist in the end which explained the freakyness. It wasn't at ALL what you think it is. But it reminded me of the Borg. Keep people in out of fear! Seperatd, isolated and in the dark! If you haven't seen it I recommend it. In the end you won't help but think of the organization.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

P.S. Heres what it is about..Plot Outline: The population of a small, isolated countryside village believe that their alliance with the mythical creatures that inhabit the forest around them is coming to an end.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

yeah... great movie...

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

I saw it too. It reminded me of the jw org as well. The way only the few people in charge knew the truth and kept spinning lies and fear to keep everyone in line. I thought it was great.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Absolutely; it reminded me of the org. Several of us on this site have posted about this movie before. There were a lot of parallels. The "forbidden color" could symbolize "independent thinking" in the org. The boxes that they stored in their homes; containing the forbidden contents could symblolize "apostate material".

• skyking
    skyking

I will watch, fellow Idahoan. another movie that reminded me of the BORG was V for vendetta

• V
    V
    another movie that reminded me of the BORG was V for vendetta

Now you are talking!

Village is a great movie for showing how sincere desire for a peaceful life can corrupt into mangled lie. Same with JWs.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I saw it at the movies when I was getting out. I loved it so much went out and bought it. Great movie and yes it did remind me of the bOrg.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Saw it, okay, not one of the best by that director ... stilled like it though. I understand your comparison to the Borg. I have done the same at times, although I felt the Matrix and Pleasantville were better examples.

• aniron
    aniron

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Saw it, okay, not one of the best by that director ... stilled like it though. I understand your comparison to the Borg. I have done the same at times, although I felt the Matrix and Pleasantville were better examples.

I was on his website and apparently many people share this view. I can't say I really got into some of the movies I saw by him.

I agree about Pleasantville being a good example, but imho, The Village was perfect.

One of the things I noticed was the way fear showed no mercy to even the littlest of the children and even in the face of certain disaster, mercy was hard to come by.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit