Have any of you seen the movie "The Village"?

by Lady Liberty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

A group of active witnesses got together from my congregation and watched The Village and saw no connecton between it and the organisation. Their only concern was if the movie contained demonic influences. Goes without saying that they didn't get to watch The Sixth Sense by the same director.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Great flic.

• startingover
    startingover

Heard about the movie and got my JW wife to get it for me. So the night we are going to watch it some JW friend show up and we watched it.

When the wierd stuff started happening, they started saying what kind of movie is this? Who recommended it? I just kept silent kind of knowing what the ending was, and then when the ending arrived there was a wierd silence. I'm not sure if they got the similarity or not, I think and hope my wife did. It was great no matter what.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I seen it - great movie.

What struck me was how the "world outside" was not at all what the villagers were taught to believe. Reminded me of the realization I came to once I had finally be un-indoctrinated by all of the JW mindset.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I saw part of it but I get too scared watching movies so I turned it off. I will probably try again, I hear its fantastic.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear mamma,

I'll rent it and you can come over and watch it.

Your buddy,

Lady Liberty

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Really weird but thoughtful movie; and that pretty redhead in the movie is going to make Opie a grandpa in a few months!

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

I saw it too and agree, my dub wife saw it and of course she didn't see that it was like the WT...I think she was just trying not to convince herself. Anyways I bought also the movie...

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I saw it at the pics. Halfway thru I leaned across to my wife and said "I think I've sussed this one out"

Basically I guessed the twist.

I thought it was pretty average

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I think it is funny how anyone having even the slightest doubts can watch this movie and make the Watchtower connection . Our family all saw it when it first came out and each made some cmment to that fact .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit