Do the Governing Body have a priviliged life style or not?

by Gill 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• parlay
    parlay

Some consider it a priviledged lifestyle to have control of millions of dollars.

Others consider it a priviledged lifestyle to have control of millions of people.

The GB has control over millions of people and their millions of contributed dollars.

However, the dwindling of both forbodes the end of any percieved or actual priviledged lifestyle.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Luxuries the governing body has, that a common publisher does not

1. The luxury to change the beliefs of over 6 million people, with a single vote

2. The luxury to be thought of as a prophet, only not labeled as such

3. The luxury to be able to be respected, or else!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Do the Governing Body have a priviliged life style or not?

Answer: Well hell yes! Just do the research and check it out! Now, remember that all things are within reason of course. I am also very, very sure that the "price" to be paid at the end of this reign might just be more than they bargined for.........

• gymbob
    gymbob

Well let's see....

Their medical expenses are taken care of and they get to eat fresh food shipped into NY daily. They have a carpenter's shop to build them anything they want when they turn in the request form, also maid service, and they travel anywhere on the planet whenever they want for a "Zone Visit", and when they get there they are treated like famous movie-stars or heads of state by every and any witness around who has the "privilege" to talk to them after they give a little talk about how close we are to the end . And then when they fly first class back home they get to live on one of the most expensive pieces of property on the planet with a view of lower Manhattan. Besides that, everything they say is viewed as if it came from heaven. No, I don't see anything unusual there.

Do they get lots of "green handshakes"? Yes. Do they have lots of money? No. The question should really be...Do the GB lack for anything? ANYTHING?! No. GYMBOB

• Gill
    Gill

To never lack for anything - That must be priviliged!

Certainly, no one's going to retire the elderly GB off, since they still spout 'valuable' BS!

• bubble
    bubble

It's weird but I remember my jw relatives that live in Cyprus saying that when on field ministry, the Greek people's main gripe was that those jw members 'at the top' had all the money. This really used to anger the Greek community.

The jw's would argue till they were blue in the face that this was not the case. If only they knew!

Of course the GB live a charmed life. And as well as already has been mentioned, they are lavished with many gifts (sometimes cash) by the rank and file. I know because my parents always used to do this for CO's, DO's and any visiting GB members to the cong.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So many newbies, I thought this thread could stand a "resurrection."

BTTT

• dissed
    dissed

Hey OTW

When I first came to Bethel, I was friends with Judah Ben. Nice kid.

So what does a kid, who's parents have served full-time and his dad is on the GB could have done with his life?

By 17 he had toured the world, did you? Did you visit Israel on a brothers free ticket and go scuba diving in the Dead Sea?

The GB job has its perks, no?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

By 17 he had toured the world, did you? Did you visit Israel on a brothers free ticket and go scuba diving in the Dead Sea?

I don't want to derail the subject, but you asked. I was touring the world when I was 18. I did see Israel. But I joined the U.S. military to do it, before being a dubbie. Judah Ben had steak and I had beans. He had a free ticket and I had to work for it. I am still glad I didn't have his life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit