How good does if feel to you not attending meetings anymore?

by ex-perfectdaughter 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    How good does if feel to you not attending meetings anymore?

I feel like i'm in the"New System" now. It's a great feeling knowing those bone heads have no holds on me anymore.

Dismembered

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Ex,

I still find it amazing how I never felt guilty missing meetings after finding out what we were about the organization. I guess for me it was once I realized that the organization was not being honest with us, I didn't fall for their guilt trip in missing meetings anymore. To this day a year and a half later, I still on occasion tell my husband, I cannot believe that I don't feel the slightest bit of guilt for missing meetings. He agrees. We were ALWAYS at the meetings, so it is strange we don't have that hanging over us. I am glad we don't! It is so nice to actually have a day or two of down time to rest from the week. Being a Witness all my life, it was always go go go and yet you never felt caught up. Now I realize it is a ploy to keep you SO busy that you have no other time to research or get involved with anything else. Last year my daughter started middle school, I couldn't believe the homework they piled on those kids. I could only think to myself, "How in the world would we do all this homework and make meetings?" We would have to literally do homework when we got home. Then who knows what time she would of gotten to bed! I feel sorry for those poor JW kids.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter

Dido..........HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY FELLOW VIRGO!!!

Lady Liberty ........ I think that's why a lot of witness kids are home schooled. There are some teenagers in my old KH that could hardly read because they were "home schooled", very sad.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hi Annie,your most welcome you gutsy girl..LOL!!..Your off to a good start,enjoy the board...OUTLAW

• Twitch
    Twitch

You know, it's been so long, it doesn't cross my mind anymore. But I remember when I was going how it was all I wanted to be free of that life and how good it was when I left and pursued my own interests. Freedom should never be taken for granted. BTW, Welcome girasole :-)

• PaNiCAtTaCk
    PaNiCAtTaCk

I do not miss meetings, giving talks, commenting, demonstrations, doing the literature count, going in service, feeling guilty about going to a garage sale instead of the meeting for field service. I hated conducting the meeting for field service, getting cargroups together and trying to keep up with who hates who and who will refuse to work with who. I hated the guilt of working shiftwork and having every Circuit overseer who came through, telling me to quit my job. I hated working a 12 hour shift and being so tired but having to get home as quick as possible to put on a suit to show up early because i was in charge of the literature counter, only to stay late after the meeting also to peddle literature and get up at 5am the next morning. There are so many more things i dont miss. I AM NOT TIRED ANYMORE AND I FELT INSTANT RELIEF. SERVING GOD ISNT SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE THAT!

• SoBizzy
    SoBizzy

So Great!!! I've been out for 6 years and I love being able to sleep in on the weekends!!

My kids were younger back then and I wouldn't bring them to the Thursday meeting because it didn't get out til 945pm - they had to get up for school the next day. Too late for them to be out, especially when bed time was 8pm any other day. I remember my pioneer mom saying - Sister So & So brings her kids and they are the same age as yours! I said 'good for them' -

Hooray for sleeping in!!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome SoBizzy

:-)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Welcome, SoBizzy from another Bizzy!

Hey, even after 35 years out, I still occasionally reflect on a Tuesday or Thursday night or Saturday or Sunday morning or Sunday afternoon - how great it is to do whatever I want! And what a ridiculous waste of my life for 23 years to go to those meetings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit