How good does if feel to you not attending meetings anymore?

by ex-perfectdaughter 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter

I have been in the truth my whole life and tomorrow I turn 32! The last year I have been fading and haven't been to the KH since the memorial. I can't tell you how it has been such a heavy burden lifted off my shoulders not to have to worry about so many meetings!!! I use to wake up on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and dread the meeting the whole day. Then when everyone at school talking about what fun things they were going to do on the weekend all I would be thinking about is I have to wake up early get dressed up and go door to door. Was wondering what other people's take on not attending meetings anymore was.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't miss the meetings either, 5 years now. Once in awhile I have a hard time remembering what day of the week it is. I have since tied my memory to other weekly events.

I love Saturday and Sunday mornings the most. Do you realize that as JWs and working a full-time job, we never had a morning off to ourselves?

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's great, not having to think about getting up tomorrow morning and hurrying to the kh for 10:00. Neither me nor my boyfriend miss that at all. We will have a lie - in, take the dog out when we get up, (or Trev will, more like), have breakfast and just relax.

It's the sane relaxed feeling on Tuesdays and Thursdays, not having to rush home from work and get ready to go to a meeting. I wouldn't swop it, that's for sure.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

By the way, happy birthday for tomorrow!!!

Linda

• Arthur
    Arthur

It is a huge weight off of my shoulders. My level of stress and depression has decreased dramatically. Keeping up on the "theocratic treadmill" was literally killing me.

I can look back and see that the reason why I felt good after most of the meetings was for the simple reason that the meeting was over!

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I went back home to visit my family. I stayed at my moms house a couple of days. She has some other relatives there who are jw's. On Friday night I went out and when I left they were playing these bible charades. The next morning (Saturday) I hear them getting up at around 7:00 a.m. to get ready for FS. I could hear it in their voices how tired they were and did not want to go out. I got out of bed around noon. When they got back I was laying around in my pjs watching a movie. Then they ate lunch and started studying the WT for Sunday. That is around the time I left. I went out had fun with my family and friends. The next morning the same thing happened again. I slept in and they had to drag themselves to the KH. They were not happy but I certainly was.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

not good at all

i liked meetings

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Soon it will be two years......unbelievable!!!!

That constant stress is wonderful.....dashing home from work.....showering......putting on a dress.....cramming something down to eat.....blocking out anything wrong going on .......the house is BURNING down......oh.....cant take care of it now....gotta get to the meeting.

Then the anxiety of being there........esp on Thursday night......our TMS......end of week anyway and you are tired from work.........wanting to go to bed and staying awake to see another demo of presentation of WT and AWAKE.

I was always tired.........it ruined my health and spirit......Its not normal.......its NOT a balanced life.

purps

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Feels great!!!!!

The last meeting I officially attended was December 5,2004.I just love staying home Sunday mornings and doing whatever I feel like.My father still attends meetings and often tells me that the attendance was low.It was always obvious many didn't like being there and often when a meeting was cancelled everybody was happy but didn't want to show it.

Goldminer

• unbeliever
    unbeliever
    i liked meetings

what did you like about them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit