Top ten issues to prove that JW's do not have "the truth"

by TweetieBird 31 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

1. Truth cannot be had

• AlanF
    AlanF

The fact that the most important doctrine is worship of the Governing Body, killing people through the misguided blood policy, emotional abuse by overuse of shunning, general intellectual dishonesty while claiming to worship the God of truth, making false predictions in God's name, falsely claiming that Jesus is "present" today, causing people to go through life as if "Armageddon is right around the corner" when Jesus specifically said to avoid such people, are a few.

AlanF

• Arthur
    Arthur
    We can only prove it by th fact that what hey believe is in conflict with scientific facts

I respectfully disagree. When a salesman is trying to sell a product, and has repeatedly contradicted his own sales literature, it is obvious to anyone that his claims are dubious at best.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

These were the issues that I came across and investigated in chronological order:

1. Blood Issue
    2. Organ donation flip flop
    3. Generation change
    4. Failed prophecies 1975 etc.
    5. That Jehovah's Witnesses were phrophesied about in the bible
    6. Faithful and Discreet Slave doctrine. (1 verse in the bible interpreted so that we have to surrender our lives to the Watchtower)
    7. UN involvement
  • greendawn
    greendawn

The idea of charity is totally alien to their mind they even say at times: Jehovah's organisation is not a charity.

The gross lack of brotherly love among themselves

The power lust of the GB who want absolutely all authority to decide doctrine and style of administration and completely ignore even all the anointed many of whom are more capable than they are. Anyone that dares challenge their authority even the anointed will be promptly stigmatised and expelled.

The unstable doctrine, God simply doesn't work that way giving out wrong info to be corrected later.

• Zico
    Zico

The fact that they constantly ask other religions to examine their beliefs, but if any JW's do this, they disfellowship them.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Their constantly - changing interpretations ought to make any sensible person wonder if they are for real. For example, the superior authorities at Romans 13 were thought to be jehovah and jesus at one time, and I have heard of people being df'd for disagreeing with this, there was one in my cong before I ever went there. Then the doctrine changed, and the superior authorities became the governments etc, but the brother who had been df'd, who actually thought it was the governments, was'nt reinstated.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As far as I can tell their is no true religion, no true way, no satisfying answers. I've been out of the organization 23 years Ive looked low and high I get nothing. You live your life then you die. To answer your question top ten issues to prove that the JW's do not have the truth. No one has the truth. The bible is not a book of truth. It is a book of confusion. Dont take my word for it. Read it and take notes. It will drive you crazy trying to make sense of it. Thats where the wolfs in sheeps clothing come in and try to explain the unexplainable by saying your not smart enough to understand it yourself.Let us explain it for you, and the rules and regulations, we have Gods spirit trust us. Yeah.

• Mary
    Mary

Two big factors come to mind: They emphatically teach that in order to get saved, you must attend 5 meetings a week and go out knocking on strangers doors on Saturday mornings. If you don't, you'll die at Armageddon. Neither of these doctrines are found anywhere in the bible.

In addition, they fit the profile of a False Prophet (described in Deut 22) to a T, they totally misuse the idea of what "shunning" is, both from the Jewish and Christian perspective. As a result, many innocent people have been cut off from their family members and life long friends at the whim of the Governing Body.

They go far beyond "what is written" and impose "heavy burdens" upon the Rank and File, just as the Pharisees did.

Their "agape" love, is nothing of the kind. All love in the Organizationis "conditional".

• jgnat
    jgnat

Only one, their lack of love for others. Do they really think John was instructing them to show love only amongst themselves?

Gal 5:22-23 (RV) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
    Joh 15:1-2, 4, 6 (CEV) Jesus said to his disciples: I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts away every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit. But he trims clean every branch that does produce fruit, so that it will produce even more fruit...Stay joined to me, and I will stay joined to you. Just as a branch cannot produce fruit unless it stays joined to the vine, you cannot produce fruit unless you stay joined to me...If you don't stay joined to me, you will be thrown away. You will be like dry branches that are gathered up and burned in a fire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit