Top ten issues to prove that JW's do not have "the truth"

by TweetieBird 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I am trying to compile a list of proof's, issues, lies, etc that prove that the WTS is not Jehovah's channel.

What are your top reasons for now believing that it is not the truth?

• loli
    loli

The witnesses claim to have absolute truth. Uhhh...but it keeps changing. Also, they claim to be so loving, but some of the most mean-spirited, intolerant people are the "leaders." They say they honor Jesus, but, isn't the GB extremely similar to the Pharisees of his day? Jesus was all about your spirit on the inside, not all the external showy stuff that gets attention from other humans. Hope this helps.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

99.9% of their members cannot claim Jesus as their mediator.

• willyloman
    willyloman

That "identifying mark of True Christians, that you have love among yourselves," is absent. They pay lip service to having such love. In actual practice, they are a judgmental and shallow people, about whom Isaiah spoke volumes when he said: "These people honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me."

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Easy, come up with 10 failed predictions. 1925 which was supposed to be the resurrection of the faithful men of the Bible is my favorite failed prediction.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Tweety, let's see how many reasons I can come up with:

1. Men making themselves fathers, leaders and teachers.. (even though they vehemently deny it. )

2. Tell us we must go thru them to get to God, when it's supposed be Christ, we go thru.

3. Have the big date wrong, 1914 and many other dates.

4. They lack love for their brothers and neighbors as they are in such fear of bad association..and tattletaling.

5 . They burden people with heavy burdens of unneccessary rules like the pharisees. (like blood, holidays, birthdays, no beards, etc)

6. Don't have a clue how the end is really going to work out. IMO

7. They have been hypocritical about the UN affiliation.

8. They don't have the right to D'F..as it's a personal decision. IMO.

9. Put too much emphasis on outward actions and dress, etc.

10. Last but not least.. they don't have every interpretation of the bible correct, such as 'who really is the faithful and discreet slave?' and others.. IMO, even though they claim to.

• morty
    morty

They allow 14 year olds to get baptized and then god forbid if a teen screws up....They shun them to "help them" be better people...

yeah, cause shunning a young teen will make them a much better christan and then they will listen to ya....NOT!!!!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with everything on Star's list but would like to add just these two:

The changed over 200 verses in the Bible to hide WHO Christ really is and what function/roll he plays in The Christian church - this is a heresy

Unlike Christ who taught to love even your enemies and pray for those persecuting us - the WT teaches us to HATE and LOATH with the deepest hate ALL that is not Jehovah's Witness

The organizatin does ZERO in the way of helping the needy, sick, poor, widows, etc. even though the Bible says Christians should do these things.

They do not interpret ANY of the bibles prophecies in an accurate way

They confiscated ALL the scriptures that apply to NATURAL Isreal and applied them to themselves.

• Arthur
    Arthur

An organization that is operating from the true power of God, would not have to resort to the weakness of brute force by coercing people through guilt and fear. True power would not have to use psychological manipulation tactics to force people into unity (i.e. conformity). Such traits are the characteristics of insecurity and vulnerability; not Godly power.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

a lot of things mentioned above don't prove that they do not have the truth. It will only be a differernt truth then we hoped for.

We can only prove it by th fact that what hey believe is in conflict with scientific facts. In some cases this is clearly the case

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit