If you could make one comment to someone in your congregation........

by ButtLight 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

If I knew now, what I didnt know then (isnt that a country song?) I would say, I have not proclaimed to be a witness for 15 years, if you dare announce my name in the congregation, you will be sued!

• lowden
    lowden

I would say to Sweet Jenny, the only person i ever met in 15 yrs in the JW faith that had a heart and genuine humanity, i would say..."Please stop going to the KH sweetie. Come and have a coffee with me and we''ll start setting you free".

Peace

Lowden

• sspo
    sspo

I would love to tell everyone, some friends i've known for 30 years, that all the claims that we make about having the " TRUTH"

WE ARE NOTHING BUT A CULT

Of course it would be instant DF

• thepackage
    thepackage

Get the Kool Aid Ready!!!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Wake up! It all a bunch of lies. To any who would listen.

• clarity
    clarity

bump!

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Don't feed the monkeys, they enjoy persecution or the complex of feeling hated by ex-JWs they merit worthy to Hell-Fire. Oh, they don't believe in Hell-Fire, they just wish it existed so "mentally-diseased apostates" would feel Jehovah's wrath for exposing their lies.

If you've been to a zoo, if you feed the monkeys they have a tendency to throw excrement at their would-be feeders. As blondie said, "don't caste perlas be swine!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good thread, thanks for bringing it back Clarity !

I laughed at several, including "I would love to tell Deebie S your Butt looks HUGE in those spandex pants...."

The one I liked,and I would change just slightly, is "Thev'e got your body, don't let them keep your mind"

The one I should have listened to when I was in was the one repeated to me by an Elder, he went and visited a "fader" and asked "Why do you not come along anymore?" and D. the fader replied "Because its all a load of bollocks isn't it ?"

I like that, succinct.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Really! If you had actually acted at all like the scriptures instructed 'shepherds' to act toward the sheep, I would prob not have found the courage to examine my religion, and get out. You being a massive asshole was what I needed to finally put it together."

Wonder just how many of us could use that line? Seems like "anewme" surely could:

I needed calm counseling and more time. To simply excommunicate me after 35 years of loyal faithful service for a common sin that I later repented over was overkill on the discipline. . . . . They simply buried me like a dead person instead of help me to spiritual health. The disfellowshipping hurt all the possibilities for my family to come together and console and heal me which they wanted to do but now were unable. The disfellowshipping hurt my marriage greatly. We needed counseling, not excommunication.

JWs shoot their wounded.

Doc

• stillin
    stillin

to our COBOE who has been in only this congregation all of his life: Sir, you have been a small fish in a small pond.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit