If you could make one comment to someone in your congregation........

by ButtLight 29 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would say "Why hello, how wonderful to see you. You look fantastic. How have you been?" Confuse them a bit. I have done this a couple times and they never know what to do. They try to get away as soon as possible.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Advise them to pressure the WTS and it's FDS to do some charity work as the best way to preach a message to the public, it's much better than knocking on people's doors with insipid magazines.

• lawrence
    lawrence

I would like to tell Anthony Conte, J.R. Brown, and a Br. Thompson thanks for calling the Special Hearings - seeing all of you at your worst helped seal my fate. And to the Service Committee - "thanks for being the arrogant Pharisees you were to me" - you definately helped seal my fate with the WTS. Oh yeah, Elder Dan, "I didn't go off into the gutters and put needles in my arms - screw you ass wipe." BTW, I heard a few years ago that Elder Dan knocked up another elder's daughter (she was 18) and had a baby. Holy Spirit selected him - yeah right!

• anewme
    anewme

I would say the disfellowshipping ruined my life and hurt many people in my family. They should have treated me a different way. I am very sensitive and was emotionally very upset at the time. I needed calm counseling and more time. To simply excommunicate me after 35 years of loyal faithful service for a common sin that I later repented over was overkill on the discipline. It all happened so fast! I called my favorite elder and confessed my sin. I agreed to meet with the elders and my husband. I called on Wed. I was dfd on Friday.
    It was announced on Tues. They simply buried me like a dead person instead of help me to spiritual health.
    The disfellowshipping hurt all the possibilities for my family to come together and console and heal me which they wanted to do but now were unable.
    The disfellowshipping hurt my marriage greatly. We needed counseling, not excommunication.

Now after 5 years my former husband and I email each other and express our love. We forgave each other.
    The Watchtower interfered and hurt me greatly. It let me down when I needed God's love and mercy and help the most.

Dont think you are banking any love points in Heaven or with the Society by all your pioneering or service or taking talks on short notice or hosting the C.O or D.O or donating money to the Society.
    My advice to any in that org today would be to do only the minimal, put your time and energy into your own family and say as little as possible to the elders or their wives or to the pioneers. They will turn on you in a minute. Keep a low profile and miss meetings now and then. Take vacations. And never show up to clean the hall or do the gardening or help with painting.

• sir82
    sir82

I would tell our PO, who is utterly brilliant in his (very narrow) field of technical expertise, but who buys the "F&DS speaks for God" BS hook, line and sinker, and all that goes along with it...

"Dude, pull your head out of your patootie and look at the crap you believe in! You read & understand all sorts of advanced scientific & technical journals, but still believe that the entire earth was completely covered by water for one full year just 4300 years ago."

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt I'd say anything, they don't speak to me.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I doubt I'd say anything, they don't speak to me.

Thats the whole point lol, you could say your comment, and walk away, and not have to listen to the BS that comes back out of their mouth!

• moanzy
    moanzy

I would say "See what happens when you use your own mind, you actually make something of yourself!!!!! and you no longer have the compulsion to meddle in other peoples spirituality"

Moanzy

• minimus
    minimus

I don't miss it (the Organization) even a little bit!-------(to anyone).

• parakeet
    parakeet

I would gather together the very few JWs who were kind to me when I was a child and tell them that they are better than the religion they profess to believe. The WTS is not worthy of their respect or obedience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit