What's You're Musical Time Line...

by OpenFireGlass 34 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Birth - 6 y.o. : John Denver, Waylon Jennings(Dukes of Hazzard Theme Song), etc...

6 y.o. - 8 y.o. : (started grade School... heard new stuff) Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, & (can't remember the artist but the song was:) Pac-Man Fever... And so on..

9 - 10 y.o. : Prince, Michael Jackson, The Monkee's,

11 - 14 y.o. : (Hip-Hop becomes the rage) Run D.M.C. , New Edition, The Fat Boys, Beastie Boys, etc... (13 y.o. would also be the start of the "Miami Vice" years lol),

14 - 16 y.o. : The Cure, The Beatles, Metallica, Janes Addiction, The Doors, (and lot's more that I can't recall)

16 - 18 y.o. : Nine Inch Nails, Pink Floyd, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Sex Pistols, & lot's of other Heavy Metal..

18 - 21 y.o. : The Grateful Dead, The Grateful Dead, The Grateful Dead, Oh yeah, I liked Blues Traveler, and other Jam Bands, Did I mention Jerry Garcia?... LOL, & Beck

21 -23 y.o. : Introduced to Reggae Music, So Everything Reggae.... + Techno/Dance/Electronica

24 - 27 y.o. : (Rediscoverd Hip-Hop) 2 Pac, 2 Pac, 2 Pac, Sublime, 311

27 - 30 y.o. : (the Nostalgic years) "All Of The Above"

30 - Now : "all of the above", Everything Hip-Hop (Snoop, Talib Kweli, , Emminem, D12, etc...), More Techno, Marilyn Manson, & basically anything but Opera.. LOL...

Now - Future : Any New Hip-Hop Artist (Not Radio Played Hip-Hop Artist), Or Anything besides opera.. LOL

I know this List is not complete, But I guess that these were defining artist for myself, at those ages...

Anybody else?

• acadian
    acadian

0-15...Whatever my parents listen to? 15-20...everything that could be considered rock or metal 20-present...pretty much the same... but I do like pretty much all music... oh, did I mention Raggae?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

OK this is hard, and definitely just a glimpse, not exhaustive even a little, because it's just impossible to remember this stuff (OFG, I thought you were bad at remembering dates? This is pretty dam good.)

OK here's my attempt at a timeline:

0-7: The Beatles, the Oldies station, whatever my mom and dad listened to, Kingdom Melodies

7-12: The Beatles, Janet Jackson, New Kids on the Block, Paula Abdul, whatever my big sister was listening to

12-18: The Beatles, No Doubt, Weezer, Green Day, Alanis Morrisette, whatever was poplular on the radio (gag me)

18-20: The Beatles, The Steve Miller Band, The Fugees, Wyclef Jean, Eminem, everything I listened to in high school

20-23: Rap and hip-hop, mostly Jay-Z and Biggie

23-25: Everything and then some (except opera) - always looking for more music to love, currently on my desk at work: The Streets, Outkast, Camera Obscura, The White Stripes, Regina Spektor, 2pac (thanks, OFG)

I just remembered that Mom and I went to a George Clinton concert once - haha - she made us leave because everyone was smoking pot and she didn't want me to get second-hand high. LOL. What a waste - it was a good show. And a cute boy asked for my phone number. JW moms ruin everything, LOL. (I'm just kidding.)

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

0-12 mostly listened to what my parents listened to. They were big on the standards. Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Vic Damone, Louie Prima, etc.

12-13 brief encounter with disco. AM I the only one that will admit this?

13-16 Van Halen, AC/DC, Def Leppard.

16-20 Seriously got into The Doors, The Who, Led Zepplin, Sabbath, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. Also had my bubble gum hair band phase (Bon Jovi, Poison, Dokken, Cinderella, et al.

21-30 Music turned to dark with grunge, and I stopped listening.

31 to now. Had a mild country phase. But nothing that is new interests me. I have a soft spot for the guys reinvigorating the old standards, like Rod Stewart. Love opera, and classical.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Pretty simple, actually...before 10th grade I listened to crap metal, then for a few years nothing, then I discovered Earth Wind & Fire and funk, and have been funky fresh ever since.

• Peaches-n-Cream
    Peaches-n-Cream

Ohhh geez, this will be sort of tough...

0-8 Oldies, mainly the BEACH BOYS ( ya, my parents influence)

8-13- Boys 2 Men, Janet Jackson, Weezer, Back Street Boys ( hangs my head in shame) , SWV ( Sisters With Voices)

14-17 SMASHING PUMPKINS ( still love them), Creed, Smashing Pumpkins

18-24 A variety...pretty much everything. Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Staind, Hinder ,Pussy Cat Dolls ( any dance/rap music really ), Jay-Z

• earthtone
    earthtone

0-10 - whatever the folks listen too - Motown, Luther Vandross, chi-lites, Smokey Robinson...you get the point

10-12 -New Kid's on the box, Color Me badd, Jodeci - Mainly R & B.

13 - I found country music - Tim McGraw, Shania, LeAnn Rimm's

14-18- Start listening to more Hip- Hop -tribe called Quest, Common Sense, Jay Z, 2Pac, Biggie ( High School) and still R &B - TLC -(red light special, Baby, baby, baby)

18- Present - Everything, yes even Opera. I love all types of music. Regga, R &B, Hip Hop, Country Music, Pop ( Go Kelly Clarkson), alternative, Techno.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Oops can't forget in N'sync - got all their albums. lol

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

0-5 yrs: Mini Pops, Elvis, Stompin' Tom, Engelbert Humperdinck, Care Bears (excluding songs by Wish Bear, Birthday Bear, and Good Luck Bear)

6-12 yrs: The Ventures

13 yrs: Maestro Fresh Wes, Salt N Pepa, MC Hammer, Roxette, The Beatles

14 - 16 Yrs: NWA, Snoop Doggy Dogg, 2pac, Cypress Hill,

17 yrs: Led Zeppelin, Doobies, Cars, Nirvana

18-25yrs: Blue Oyster Cult

26 - current: Nightwish, Saigon Kick, Altaria, Was (Not Was), Danger Danger, T.Rex, House Of Lords

• Nowman
    Nowman

0-14, whatever my parents allowed me to listen too, but back in the early 80s, I love Dr. Hook, "Sharin the night together", I still love this soong!

15-17, a range...hip hop, Harry Connick Jr., Natilie Cole, and whatever my parents allowed me to listen to

19-23, greatful dead (was at Jerry Garcia's last concert at Soldier Field, I passed out, they put me in the front row!), Bob Marley, Blues Traveler....was in Colorado part of this period too...

24-now (32), a little of everything, I still love the Dead, Bob Marley, Will Downing, Kenny Chesney, Joss Stone, Corrine Bailey Rae (her CD is awesome!), Rascal Flats, Alicia Keys, some hip hop, Michael B. (last name pronounced BOO-BLAE)....so much! I love music period!

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit