What Is A Good Friend To You?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DesertRat
    DesertRat

Fluff answer: An ice-cold pint (or two) of really good stout

Serious answer: Someone who loves the sun & the outdoors as much as I do; someone who is honest & willing to give me constructive criticism without wounding me; someone who makes me laugh but isn't embarrassed to see me cry; someone who is patient with me when I cannot express myself as I would like; someone who isn't put off by my intensity or degree of loyalty..

Perhaps most importantly: Someone who accepts me for who I am & doesn't judge me based on what I choose to believe (or not believe..)

DR

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Someone I can rely on in good times or bad.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Always has cold beer!

• delilah
    delilah

My best friend died when we were teens. We fought, we argued, we laughed, we cried. We were always there for each other. My heart had a huge hole in it, the day she died, and I kept to myself for a long time afterwards.

My bestest friend, has been my husband, for over 15 years now. We argue, we disagree, we laugh, we cry together. We share three children together, rough times and a lot of good times. He's always there for me, and I for him.I cannot imagine my life without him, and vice versa, we'd die for each other.

My other best friend, is Mary. She is a good, loyal friend, the first one to offer help, a kind word, a hug, and her yummy chicken soup if I'm sick. She is "auntie" to my kids, and the sister I never had. I love her to bits. If we don't see each other for weeks at a time, we chat on the phone, and we can pick up right where we left off before.

• minimus
    minimus

I guess if someone's willing to die for you, they should be considered a "good friend". Some that would be willing to sacrifice themselves, meanwhile, wouldn't help you without some grumbling under their breath.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Fluff answer--alcohol has always been a good friend of mine.

To answer the question-- a good friend to me is someone who is loyal, has a sense of humor, honest and genuine, and realistic. Someone who appreciates that I'm me.

• minimus
    minimus

Lonelysheep, when a true friend understands you and accepts you, it is a beautiful thing!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

My sons chocolate lab. He's non-judgemental. Always there.

Dismembered

• smarty pants
    smarty pants
    Someone who is truly there for you when your in trouble. When being a witness, if you were in trouble you could see your so called friends take a step back. So afraid of getting too involved, fear of getting in trouble themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit