Jehovah's Witnesses are not False Prophets- Proof

by Gilberto 29 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect.

Notice how they subtly spread the blame to the rank and file, not the GB. "Jehovah's Witnesses" do not officially suggest j-squat. By this reasoning, the WTS would have to either defend or dismiss every crack-brain notion whispered in the congregations out in the hinterlands. Nope, shit rolls downhill, not up.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

jeff t said:

A few simple questions I want to ask an elder (if I ever run into one again). Do I have to believe every single thing that is written by the society? Can I disagree with parts of their message? Can I remain in good standing if I speak about my opinions? If not, why not? Shelly says:

I spoke to an older JW woman a few weeks ago and she said she doesn't agree with everything, but she did agree that to say so would not be acceptable. She said "if you don't agree about birthdays, but say that isn't the big issue, why not just go along with it?" My thought: Basically, if I don't have the freedom to do something that we both agree 'isn't that important, what does that say about the control of the organization? That IS just a small issue in fact, but in implication-it is HUGE. And I think I got that message to her, in any case.

• AlanF
    AlanF

You can find a thorough debunking of that ridiculous 1993 Awake! in my article "The WTS and the End of the World" here: http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-1-why-so-many-false-alarms.html

AlanF

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Now THIS is an interesting thread. I knew the WTS always implied they were prophets, but, wouldn't actually come out and say so. they needed that 'wiggle' room.

Seeing their own words in print...priceless !

Rabbit (saving this one for some dubs I know !)

• rebel8
    rebel8
    “You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets ... Jehovah's Witnesses.”-Awake 6/8/1986

So whether prophesying in the name of jehoober or the Pillsbury Dough Boy, the jws are claiming to be prophets.

Now the only question is, are they true prophets or false prophets? Does what they say prove to be false or true?

Brochure: Have JWs Ever Made False Prophecies?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Once again

thanks for this...

copied and put in my collection.!

• gumby
    gumby

As for them saying THEY never spoke about prophecies in Jehovahs name.....read the below quotes from their own big mouths.

The Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1894, p. 1677

We see no reason for changing the figures — nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God’s dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble.

Vindication I, 1931 ed., p. 338-339

There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah’s faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1914, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time. Later the faithful learned that these dates were definitely fixed in the Scriptures

Watchtower 1922 September 1 p.262

The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914. Watchtower 1923 April 1 p.106

Watchtower 1923 April 1 p.106

Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge.

Gumby

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    How do they get away with it?

Because their followers;

1. Do not think things through, are in fact DISCOURAGED from doing so.
    2. Want to believe! How many of us rationalized like a mad bastard for YEARS before admitting it was a sham? Near the end when the cracks were getting bigger so were the rationalizations!

The good thing about putting out a magazine with constantly shifting positions is that over the course of 120ish years you have effectively covered both sides of the argument to the point where if beliefs change or shit hits the fan you can then quote yourself at some point in the past supporting your current position NO MATTER WHAT the current position happens to be! In that way you can make it seem that your current position is the position you have always maintained! It also gives you the ability to ignore old quotes as 'old light' (unless it supports the current position!)

How many of us if we went to our relatives and said "look at this quote in a watchtower from 1940" would be laughed at? 1940?! We don't believe THAT anymore (as if this somehow SUPPORTS their religion) yet the watchtower quotes from themselves from the 1800's! Just to allow themselves that self congratulatory pat on the back!

The bad thing from THEIR point of view is that technology caught up with them! They would probably still be growing if not for the rise of the Internet! The Internet will be the dagger in their heart too! If you had gone on the Internet and asked for proof that the witnesses did or did not consider themselves prophets as little as 5 years ago how long would it have taken to get a response? Would you EVER have gotten a response? Now you get pages and pages of their own damning quotes with references from all corners of the globe in minutes! Hell even SECONDS!

They will fall! It will be soon! Mark, prophet of Jeehogifier!

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Want to believe! ; How many of us rationalized like a mad bastard for YEARS before admitting it was a sham? ; Near the end when the cracks were getting bigger so were the rationalizations!
      LOL
      The good ;thing about putting out a magazine with constantly shifting positions is that over the course of 120ish years you have effectively covered both sides of the argument to the point where if beliefs change or shit hits the fan you can then quote yourself at some point in the past supporting your current position NO MATTER WHAT the current position happens to be! ; In that way you can make it seem that your current position is the position you have always maintained! ; It also gives you the ability to ignore old quotes as 'old light' (unless it supports the current position!)
      That is true, they can never be wrong. Mind you if they can never be wrong doesn't that make True Prophets. LOL
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty
    The bad thing from THEIR point of view is that technology caught up with them! They would probably still be growing if not for the rise of the Internet! The Internet will be the dagger in their heart too! If you had gone on the Internet and asked for proof that the witnesses did or did not consider themselves prophets as little as 5 years ago how long would it have taken to get a response? Would you EVER have gotten a response? Now you get pages and pages of their own damning quotes with references from all corners of the globe in minutes! Hell even SECONDS!

They will fall! It will be soon! I agree!! The whole reason the internet is considered the "Devils Tool" is because it has the power to reveil the truth. And by doing so it completely exposes them for what the really are. Sincerely, Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit