Jehovah's Witnesses are not False Prophets- Proof

by Gilberto 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    There are some who make spectacular predictions of the world’s end to grab attention and a following, but others are sincerely convinced that their proclamations are true. They are voicing expectations based on their own interpretation of some scripture text or physical event. They do not claim that their predictions are direct revelations from Jehovah and that in this sense they are prophesying in Jehovah’s name. Hence, in such cases, when their words do not come true, they should not be viewed as false prophets

Typical sleigh-of-hand crap reasoning from Zion.....I mean, Bethel. When you read what Deut 18: 20-22 says about identifying a False Prophet, it doesn't say anything about if a group of senile old men "sincerely convinced that their proclaimations are true", that they shouldn't be viewed as a False Prophet. It clearly states that if they predict something and it doesn't come true, then they fit the bill of being a False Prophet, end of story:

"...But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death. You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him..."
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Gilberto,

Thank you for your post. Apparently the Society is banking on the fact that no one will compare the two together. Check out the definitions from the dictionary:

6 results for: prophet

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source new! proph?et / 'pr?falt?t / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ prof-it ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun

1.a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.
    2.(in the Old Testament)
    a.a person chosen to speak for God and to guide the people of Israel: Moses was the greatest of Old Testament prophets.
    b.(often initial capital letter alt) one of the Major or Minor Prophets.

5 results for: inspired

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source new! in?spire / ?n'spa? ? r / Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation [ in-spahy uh altr ] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -spired, -spir?ing.
    –verb (used with object)

1.to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers.
    2.to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
    3.to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
    4.to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
    5.to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
    6.to communicate or suggest by a divine or supernatural influence: writings inspired by God.
    7.to guide or control by divine influence.
    8.to prompt or instigate (utterances, acts, etc.) by influence, without avowal of responsibility.
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

The problem is that as a Witness you are so trusting to the organization, that you never check things like this out. What did it take me? Two minutes to compare in the dictionary the word Prophet and the word inspired. It is the same meaning. Yet they claim to be a Prophet, but not Inspired. That way they can demand full obedience because they are God's "prophet", yet they can wiggle quite easily out of "old light" by saying they are not "Inspired".

It is just like saying that the Jesus is our "High Priest", yet he is not our "Mediater". Thats what a Mediater is.. a go between. And that is EXACTLY what purpose the High Priest served in Bible times. He was a go between Jehovah and men. Yet when Jesus died he became the High Priest and our Mediater, so there was no need for a human go between any more. The reason I bring this up is to show that it is just another play on words to teach what they want and have a following!

Do you think that if people knew that Prophet and Inspired, High Priest and Mediater were the same they would have the following they do?? I think we all know that answer. Anyhow.. Again, thank you for posting this thread.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That 1993 reference makes me wonder how I was so stupid. (I will change that word to "ignorant.") The very "technically accuracy" of the WTBTS statements shows how they expect us just to accept what they say. All they have to do is say anything they want, and avoid saying it's "in the name of God" that they are speaking. They know good and well that their statements have been in "the name of Jehovah" for years without a reminder in every sentence. The JW's are expected to believe everything is in the name of God, without a reminder in every sentence.

I am so happy to be AWOKE.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

We did blindly accept what we were told. I hate to admit it but I was not brought up in the truth but came in later. So I can call myself stupid.

Interestingly, in a conversation with my Sister in law recently she agreed that we should question Jehovah and the bible. However when I said we should also question the society she adamantly said NO.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Interestingly, in a conversation with my Sister in law recently she agreed that we should question Jehovah and the bible. However when I said we should also question the society she adamantly said NO.

Unbelievable!!! That is tanamount to "idolotry and worship!!" The thing is most Jws who question Jehovah will come to the right conclusion. The same with the Bible. However if you question the organization, you may not. And that's what they are terrified about!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• garybuss
    garybuss

Who, of all religions on earth today, has "the credentials of a true prophet?" I can see only two possible answers to this question:
    1] The Society
    2] Nobody
    If the Society does not claim to be a *real* prophet; a true prophet - - then wouldn't that mean that there isn't *any* actual prophet on earth today? The only other source of prophets would be "Babylon the Great," wouldn't it? Isn't the Watchtower Society the only possible source of a real prophet? But if they deny being such a prophet, then wouldn't that mean that there isn't one single prophet on earth today? (Don Cameron)

Let's see if I have this straight. The Governing Body "takes the lead", we are repeatedly told. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not follow men, only God, we are even more repeatedly told. So, whom does the Governing Body lead? If they have no followers among the Jehovah's Witnesses, where do they have followers? Do they lead an empty procession with no people in it at all? What kind of leader has no followers? (Robert V Frazier)

• JeffT
    JeffT

A few simple questions I want to ask an elder (if I ever run into one again). Do I have to believe every single thing that is written by the society? Can I disagree with parts of their message? Can I remain in good standing if I speak about my opinions? If not, why not?

In 1988 when my wife and I wrote our DA letter to the society I pointed out to them that the only time they say things like the quotes above is when they're being called to account for past mistakes. The rest of the time the society's publications are full of nonsense about staying close to and being loyal to, "Jehovah's Organization."

They can't have it both ways. Either they are God's organization and must be obeyed because they speak for Him, or they're a bunch of guys with some interesting ideas and anybody coming into a KH can think what he wants of it.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jeff,

My sister and brother-in-law met with an Elder regarding issues they had, when they were first starting to question things. The Elder told them you cannot believe everything you read from the Society. They were BLOWN AWAY! My brother-in-law was so shocked he stood up and said "What??" The Elder told them that, that was right. If they did, they were foolish. So with that in mind, why did they later recieve the label "apostate"? Regarding the Elders thought on the matter, who determines what is to be rejected, without you being rejected?? AMAZING!! What a bunch of Hypocrites!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Lady Liberty

Actually I think she felt backed into a corner. She is frightened to find out the real truth because then she will have to acknowledge that she has been wrong. I am not sure she is able to do that. She probably knows (maybe at a subconscious level) that if she starts to investigate the watchtower it will fall apart. We are also expecting a call soon because of that conversation.

JeffT

They can't have it both ways. Either they are God's organization and must be obeyed because they speak for Him, or they're a bunch of guys with some interesting ideas and anybody coming into a KH can think what he wants of it.
    I agree with that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit