Jehovah's Witnesses are not False Prophets- Proof

by Gilberto 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

A couple of years ago after talking about 1975 and the generation change with 2 elders I asked them what we would call another religion if they were wrong with dates and had to change prophecies. No answer was forthcoming so I offered "False Prophets?". One elder agreed we probably would, the other was deadly silent.

Anyway I thought I would look up False Prophets and found this..

g93 3/22 pp. 3-4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***
    But why has there been such a tendency through the centuries and down to our day for false alarms to be sounded, as Jesus said they would be? (Matthew 24:23-26)
    There are some who make spectacular predictions of the world’s end to grab attention and a following, but others are sincerely convinced that their proclamations are true. They are voicing expectations based on their own interpretation of some scripture text or physical event. They do not claim that their predictions are direct revelations from Jehovah and that in this sense they are prophesying in Jehovah’s name. Hence, in such cases, when their words do not come true, they should not be viewed as false prophets such as those warned against at Deuteronomy 18:20-22. In their human fallibility, they misinterpreted matters.

[Footnotes]

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: "We have not the gift of prophecy." (January 1883, page 425) "Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible." (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit "does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes." (May 15, 1947, page 157) "The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." (August 15, 1950, page 263) "The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)"—February 15, 1981, page 19.

The Watchtower then are clearly not False Prophets because they do not make their predictions "in the name of Jehovah". Well do you know of any other group using the name of Jehovah to make predictions? If not then the prophecy about False Prophets (Mathew 24:24), cannot be fullfilled.

A couple of the quotes are taken from 1883 ,1896. I wonder if there is anything else they said then than has not been replaced by "New Light"?

Anyway my real point is this, the Watchtower is not inspired and not infallable the writers are not inspired but JWs have to follow the the Watchtower to the letter. Why were we so stupid?

• aniron
    aniron

*** Watchtower 1972 April 1 p.197 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them' ***

People today can view the creative works. They have at hand the Bible, but it is little read or understood. So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"

These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How many times does a person have to steal to be called a Thief?

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Does the Watchtower claim to be a true 'prophet'? - YES
    Can a true prophet NOT be inspired? - NO
    Has the Watchtower prophet class made predictions in the name of Jehovah - YES
    Is there any other religion on earth that has 'prophesied' in the name of 'Jehovah' the way the Watchtower has? - NO

Conclusion: the Watchtower is uniquely guilty of false prophesying according to the defintion of what a false prophet is at Deuteronomy 18:22 of the NWT. (Their own bible translation condemns them on this.)

• exjdub
    exjdub

All of the above points are great points and I will save them for future use. Now the question is:

Where is thirdwitness when these subjects come up????

exjdub

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah. Watchtower-1979-September-1-p.29

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Atlantis

Thanks, I was going to see if I could find something like that. But that is fantastic!! I will save the reference for future use.

What a bunch of slimeballs they are.

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Aniron- Thanks also

How do they get away with it?

• Gilberto
    Gilberto
    it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Here is another one that might come in handy! Watchtower-1959-January-15-pp.40-41 "Who have answered the call to the work and have done it down till this rear 1958? Whom has God actually used as his prophet? By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah's witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them." "It has been because Jehovah thrust out his hand of power and touched their lips and put his words in their mouths." http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=30xdl3m http://suprfile.com/get.php?id=30xuplv Nevada-

• carla
    carla

Don't forget their 'Creators promise' headline they had for such a long time. Who is the 'creator' if not jah? I once had an elder tell me that because they didn't use the word 'thus' and 'thus sayeth' they were not false prophets. I asked him how many people use the word 'thus' today? He knew I had him on the false prophets as I had literally pages and pages of quotes from wt's were they do in fact outright state they are prophets or imply it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit