She sings with Erika Badu

by Sparkplug 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I got a job today that I have waited for two years for. This girl I work with has sang at shows having Erika Badu on the lineup and she just got signed with a record contract. Her name is Rene Washington. They told her that she must use the labels photography services for a photo shoot and she told them NO, THAT she has a photographer and she has been waiting to have me (yeah me) do her shoot. So I just looked in my inbox and there is the Record label person wanting to meet with me.

Do you see me smile?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Good job SP. If she is anything like Erica Badu then she will be great.

Good luck.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Monkeyshine-I am not sure. She is bringing me a demo tomorrow. I thought that would help me wrap my mind around what would fit her personality. I hear tell that she is amazing. I hope to do it justice. This is going to be so damn fun!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Awesome, your stars must be aligned or something (that I don't really believe in, but I love it when positive things are happening all over the place-don't you?). So now we know somebody who knows somebody who is gonna BE somebody that we will know-of. Cool.I will keep you in mind for when my son makes it big as the next. . .Josh Groban or Pavoratti or something like that!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    So now we know somebody who knows somebody who is gonna BE somebody that we will know-of. Cool.

LMAO!!

I will keep you in mind for when my son makes it big as the next. . .Josh Groban or Pavoratti or something like that!

Please do!

Actually I like that she stuck to her guns and on her own stated she would be using me. That is pretty kewl!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Awesome, your stars must be aligned or something (that I don't really believe in, but I love it when positive things are happening all over the place-don't you?).

I think I just got a small streak. For the bad is running neck and neck. Just depends on how positive I stay!

Decki

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

OK, this label guy has already left 2 more emails in my box. I think he must drink a lot of coffee or something. He is really on a roll.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Congratulations!

I'm jealous... (hee-hee)

But, with any luck ya'll might show up at Reggae On The River next year...

I know that Erica is pretty tight with the Marley Kids, and Burning Spear..

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Thats very cool Sparkplug! I've seen some of your work and I can see why she would want to hold out for you only.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

woohoo you go girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit