Happiness is... now you fill in the blank

by jayhawk1 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It would be bad times if I didn't mention how great it is spending time with my wife too. She really has made the difference for me.

Thanks for the posts so far. It has been fun reading the responses.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Being able to use your own conscience to make decisions instead of them being made for you by the Borg!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• mama1119
    mama1119

Happiness is knowing my daughter has no idea about JW and never will. She will be able to celebrate holidays with her family, play any sports she wants in school, celebrate her birthday, and learn how to think for herself (with my permission of course :) happpiness is also watching her play so hard her cheeks turn bright pink and she can hardly control her laughter.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

baked into every Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

knowing everything will work out ok in the end no matter how bad things seem now.

• JH
    JH

petting your cat and hearing it purrrrrrr for you

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see some repeats of my happinesses. From last week, happiness is:

Baking chocolate cookies with my granddaughter, Naomi.

Estacy breaking out in the face of my honey, after he takes a bite of my home-made apple tart.

Basking on a public beach, watching my family frolic in the water.

Wading at the same beach, playing frisbee.

Holding the hand of my schizophrenic/addict son and telling him I love him no matter what, and watching him bask in my love and care. Feeling strength at my back from the Praying Grandmas at my church. Those Praying Grandmas strengthen me to bring my son around.

Puttering in my garden, watching the Nasturtiums invade every nook and cranny.

A sparrow, less than a foot away, calmly peering at me through my second story window.

Chatting up a local greenhouse owner, watching Naomi let the boys flirt with her. The boys took her on a wild romp around the property in a wheelbarrow. Telling Naomi she has a new boyfriend. Ducking Naomi's punch to my arm.

At work, having my submitted budget balance the first go-around. Entering that budget with two staff I am mentoring, egging each other and competing to enter each line perfectly.

Eating half of a perfect apple tart.

Smelling my Jasmine plant at the office first thing in the morning.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Happiness is playing music to an audience.

• fokyc
    fokyc

.......discovering that two of the local elders have lied and making them squirm while you prove it

• juni
    juni

Nice Topic for discussion jayhawk!

Notice so far no one has mentioned $, but happiness is related to time spent w/family and simple pleasures.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit