by dfrizzy 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Also Welcome Loli!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• mama1119
    mama1119

Everyone seems to have coveres it. You will learn alot just being on the board. Welcome, and good luck!!

MAMA

• Arthur
    Arthur

Richard Eliott Friedman is a highly respected Old Testament scholar. His book: Who Wrote the Bible is an excellent commentary on the Documentary Hypothesis, which disproves many Watchtower Society claims.

Tim Callahan is a respected historian who wrote the book: Secret Origins of the Bible. In my opinion, Callahan's research provides rock-solid evidence that many of the accounts found in the Old Testament were based upon earlier mythological writings.

Ron Rhodes who is a prolific Christian writer has written a book called Reasoning From the Scriptures With Jehovah's Witnesses. I found his book to be a good refutation of many of the WTS's unique, and problematic interpretations.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi and welcome! One more excellent site... http://www.jwfacts.com

• robhic
    robhic

'The Bible Unearthed." It is written by some Jewish archeologists and scholars. Nothing JW but it will give you some distinctly different perceptions on the actual bible itself.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi dfrizzy, and welcome to the forum

I would recommend Ray Franz's books as well

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's some tips to get clarity. Make up a folder for each issue you have with the society. It might be blood, shunning, skateboards, hypocricy, UN involvement, FDS authority, 607/1914, whatever. As you study each topic area, add your notes to the folder.

THEN, when a JW asks you what issues you have, say you have several but only go in to detail on ONE. Pick one you think would have the most dramatic impact on the LISTENER. You can't deal with a flood of information, neither can people. By giving the person a single problem to chew over, they will REMEMBER. It is also easier for you to keep your facts straight and not get distracted by side-issues.

If they come back for another round, hit him with another issue.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Try the 'Best of' section here and Raymond Franz's two books..'Crisis Of conscience' and 'In Search Of Christian Freedom'.

• carla
    carla

Make up a folder---Jgnat, great idea but my house is hardly big enough to hold all the files, including some on only one subject!!! Then when non jw's see your many files they think youv'e gone over the deep end! (mine are now mostly packed away as all the info is on the internet anyway)

• rebel8
    rebel8

http://www.jwinfo.8m.com

Plenty of info there on the Activism, Contradiction, and Misquotes pages......more than enough to prove they are not who they claim to be (the one and only people of the one and only true God).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit