Letter to Elders/Family

by JimWood 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Highlander
    Highlander

Excellent article. It's well thought out.

I'm amazed that your father wants you to just let it go. That is the type of person he wants you to be?

You are following the narrow and difficult path that the bible talks about. It will be hard, but in this process I do believe that if you continue presenting yourself in a calm,

and logical manner, then maybe, just maybe you will spark something inside an elder or two that has read your letter and discussed this issue with you.

You may lose a lot in this process, but you will sleep well at night knowing you did the right thing and knowing that you may have helped someone else see the light.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Very well written letter.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is a great letter and well researched. I can understand how let down you feel. It is terrible to learn of the hypocrisy of the Watchtower Society, but even difficult to accept the contempt with which Witnesses and elders treat anyone that has a different opinion to their own.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Jim~

A very good letter! It should go in the "best of" files for sure.

I'm glad i'm not where you are anymore my friend. So, here's the best advice I was given when I had to deal with it....... DO WHAT'S RIGHT. It's kind of ironic, but, that's the one thing I suppose I really learned from the whole witness thing....even if you know it's gonna hurt (and it will), even if you're pretty sure your wife, kids, and all your friends are going to turn their backs on you.... DO WHAT'S RIGHT. If you do that, you can live in peace knowing THEY have the problem, not you. It's not easy, but it's worth it. GYMBOB

• JimWood
    JimWood

Not to worry, my wife and I are together on this as well as life as a whole. We have never been happier.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Excellent research, clearly presented. Tough that your parents will not be at your side through this.

Well, we all expected to be persecuted someday, and this quite possibly is yours.

Outaservice, I thought this was a very pithy reply.

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Hey Jim,

You may have seen my recently posted letters to the elders and friends on the UN topic and the Judicial Committee™ that was formed for me. I believe you have exceeded any standard set by me. The depth of reasoning contained in your letter is compelling. No wonder they cannot respond! I love the way you explored how merely asking a question about what appears to be a gross hypocrisy is sufficient to label you as Apostate™ and the resultant treatment. That spirit is so purely reflective of the Spanish Inquisition, or any dictatorial regime. We mailed out a letter with 8 pages of documentation from the UN to 45 of our JW friends. One of my oldest and very closest friends returned the envelope unopened as "refused". When I brought it home from the Post Office and showed my wife, I said, "Let the shunning™ begin!"

Lenny

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

"Any that are still debating leaving and just poking around here please remember, you will end up where your going if you don’t change direction."

By the way, I appreciate that this isn't such a simple matter to those who have family and friends still in, and so hesitate to take action for fear of the effect on their relationship with loved ones. But should this not be counter-balanced by recognition of the fact that any who continue to show this organization even tacit support (by even attending the occasional meeting) share in some way in the suffering of those who stand up for principle? Is it really the most loving thing to provide tacit encouragement to those you care about, to remain loyal to their captor and abuser? I do not judge any here, because I have not stood where you stand. I'm only asking the question.

Lenny

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great letter!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

great letter!

(i'm just responding so i'll have this in my post history and can find it again later lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit