Letter to Elders/Family

by JimWood 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JimWood
    JimWood

Lenny,

You said "hesitate to take action for fear of the effect on their relationship with loved ones"

We have found out what true friends are. When we were at the height of our ‘spirituality’ we lost some friends because of their ‘improper conduct’ – Yeah we were up tight jackholes and turned our backs because they were 'bad'. So a few months back one of them called us to see if the rumors were true they heard, Apostate. Yep they were, are, is. These are now the best friends we have ever had, sick that we found them when we got out and could not have this closeness when we were all in. So speaking from experience friends and support will be found and be truer than any of those who will always put a faceless organization above the human aspect. Is someone's life 'happier' when they need to conform to have acceptance.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Lotsa detail

in that letter !!

• awol
    awol

Thank you for showing us all these letters.

You will be df'd (wrongly so) and the anouncement will just be that you were found to be an apostate!!! All the JWs that spy u coming will cross over for fear you will start "preaching" to them.

Amazing! They really should read out your letter and then give their response to it. They should not df you but should point out that of course you have the right to research and ask questions on such matters! In fact they should give the Societies response in a world wide talk explaining themselves and their relationship with the UN. They should hold their hands up and say "yep we are doomed, we've been found out and to be honest we have f**ked up big time..... really we have no foundation for our religion any more.... we are liars and have preached a lie to keep you poor bas***ds decieved - oops sorry em, perhaps you might like to help us form another cult.... anyone?"

Ha ha

Well if I was in the US I would pat you on the back give you a sisterly hug and yep I would feel proud to talk to you!!! XX

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

dang, can't get the quote thingy to work.

goodpost I'm also keeping this in my posting history. Thanks, jimwoods!!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

What a powerful, well researched letter. I wonder what's going throught the elders mind when they receive it? I'm not sure how anyone could truly believe this sort of treatment could be "Christian". So, Thomas can question the resurrected Jesus (in so many words saying he was a fraud), Abraham can question Jehovah over whether it was just to destroy Sodom, yet we can't question a group of uninspired men? This is why I haven't written a letter myself (yet) because I'm not ready to be kicked out at the moment. However, the point about tactic support is well taken and I do feel guilty for continuing part of the org.

Well done! Your courage is an inspiration.

• bebu
    bebu

That letter is a hammer! Excellent, excellent.

No wonder you will get df'd fast. It's so much easier than to try and give an answer that could fly.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit