If only the new system was real...

by misspeaches 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I sent my mum an e-mail the other day to let her know about Steve Irwin's tragic accident. This morning I got her reply:

He will thrive in the new system when he will be able to get up close and personal with all wild creatures without fear. Tis really sad as he was a good genuine man.

If only it was true. I admire her so much for not being like some of those witnesses that think only JWs will get through. She genuinally believes that Steve will be there.

Its sad because they rest all their hopes on this false lie. If only it was true....!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yes misspeaches, if only it was true.

You're right, it is admirable of her to believe he will be back, a lot of jws probably wouldn't see it that way. What a pity it's only a dream.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

misspeaches, I know what you mean. My mom is planning on having a Bible study with John Lennon and teaching him "the truth" in the new system. This probably sounds so funny, but it makes me so sad because it's just a silly dream...

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

GGBG - that is so cute. I remember a rumour going around once that John Lennon had studied with the JWs and written the song Imagine because of what he had learnt.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I remember a rumour going around once that John Lennon had studied with the JWs and written the song Imagine because of what he had learnt.

Ironic that they discounted part of the lyrics that were about a world without religion!

Now getting back on topic, this is essentially what annoys me about religion; it preys on those without hope and provides one which is unsubstantiated and unqualified. Its morally defective and doesnt allow people to grieve properly.

DB74

• Carmel
    Carmel

What's a "false lie"? Are there "true lies"?

carmel

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    What's a "false lie"? Are there "true lies"?

There was a movie called "true lies". I didn't watch it though. I think it was Jamie lee Curtis and Arnold Schwartzneggar.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can hardly wait for the New System!..We can pet lions and talk to blueberrys..Actually,after about 6 beer I can talk to blueberrys..Never been drunk enough to pet a lion..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

OUTLAW, I need to ask, what do the blueberries and you talk about? Do the blueberries have a message to pass along to the world?

• earthtone
    earthtone

No new system, paradise earth

That is probably what hurts the most. That there really is no new system coming to removed all the wickedness. *sighs*. I know it's sad to believe a lie, but sometimes I wish I had "something" like that to look forward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit