Organizing The Former Jehovah's Witnesses Movement

by The wanderer 33 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    NO ONE will ever 'organize' me again!!!

Nor me Gill. I've had all the "organisation" I can stomach in this lifetime.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I envision hundreds of private support groups, loosely joined by association and apostafests, independently chipping away at the Beast.

Private support groups, loosely joined. I like that idea a bunch.
    I do get the sense though that many ex-jws who have found happiness outside of the borg would be more than willing to help out more if there was just a little bit more organization.
    I don't know about the JWs 'infiltrating' anything. All they could try to do is bust current JWs who get hooked into the group, but to me that seems like something they really would't bother with.
    The new tactic of the WTS with regard to Apostates seems to be 'just ignore them'. The magazines give less and less info regarding apostates, just calling them 'boogie men' and leaving it at that.
    I think a list could really be a helpful thing, but that's just my opinion.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I guess 'organized' may be the incorrect term to use.
    If you knew someone in your area could use your help to get out of the borg, would you do it?
    I think we all are very reserved against organization, but making yourself available is something differant.
    I actually was a big fan of the frapper map that we started going where people where listing where they where, but that seems to have dissapered.

• done4good
    done4good
    If you knew someone in your area could use your help to get out of the borg, would you do it?

Absolutely. Working on two as we speak. But NEVER as part of an organization.

j

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I don't know about the JWs 'infiltrating' anything. All they could try to do is bust current JWs who get hooked into the group, but to me that seems like something they really would't bother with.

I'd agree, except they've already done it. I was once part of a private group committed to bringing WT excesses to light. The privacy was breached, and we had to disband.

As far as their PUBLIC face, they pretend we don't really matter.

• parakeet
    parakeet

However beneficial these various ideas could turn out, faders are almost by default barred from participating in them. The day has not yet arrived when I can participate in any exJW movement because I risk losing contact with much-loved relatives still held captive in the "truth."

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hence, the importance of "private". For instance, I founded a private support group for "Unbelieving Mates", or UBM's. We, along with faders, must be discreet. But the need to fellowship with others in our situation is huge. So the group is private and confidential. New members are vetted by the group, and our discussions are not available for the public to see.

• jgnat
    jgnat

OOO, OOO, I thought of more. www.reexamine.org and http://www.watchtowerwiki.org are wiki databases. Their materials are only as good as the contributors who invest in them. XJW activists can contribute materials and their editing power to make those sites great. An entertaining side-hobby on those sites is to udo the damage of Loyal Brothers and Sisters vandals.

For XJW's firmly out of the closet, http://www.frappr.com/xjws is still there.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

6 years ago Andrew Kohl made 3 videos re the JWs and why they are a cult. The last time I checked they were still on the net. I just checked now and they are gone.

The first film was an interview by James Penton. The second was Grace/Mouthy and I was interviewed on the third. The goal of the three videos was to sell them and make enough money to make a movie.

It didn't happen. To make a movie like this worthwhile there needs to be a large enough market that is willing to buy it

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit