Will apostates burn in Gehenna???

by kid-A 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully
    Similarly, unrepentant apostates go, at death, not to Sheol, or Hades, but to Gehenna.

So the distinction here, apparently, is that Unrepentant Apostates™ would not have the Privilege™ of being Resurrected™ from Sheol or Hades (ie, the common grave of mankind) so that they could Live Forever In Paradise On Earth™ with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Really, what they're saying is that we are supremely blessed and spared the horrible fate of Living Forever™ among JWs. I'd take being eternally dead over that any day.

Praise the Lawrd!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    The citations Mary provides very clearly indicates no chance of survival for those sinning against the holy spirit

Sure, but afaik the Society never explicitly equated being disfellowshipped (even for apostasy) with sinning against the holy spirit.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/120047/1.ashx

• Amazing
    Amazing

Kid-A,

Jim, please provide the quotations that contradict Mary's evidence. The citations Mary provides very clearly indicates no chance of survival for those sinning against the holy spirit (aka GB).

My post above, right under Mary's does provide the actual correct Watchtower article. Plus I started a new thread about the Anointed retaining their heavenly hope, even if DF'd. What Mary cites is ture for the entire Christian faith, that sin against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable. However, for Watchtower theology this does not mean that DF'd Anointed necessarily commit the unfrgivable sin.

Jim Whitney.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

w87 7/15 p. 19 par. 15 Prayers Require Works ***

When King Solomon prayed for wisdom and God miraculously answered his prayer, did the principle that prayers require works also apply? Yes, it did, for as king of Israel, Solomon was required to write his own copy of the Law, read in it daily, and apply it to his life. But when Solomon went contrary to its instructions, as by multiplying wives and horses, his works were no longer in harmony with his prayers. As a result, Solomon became an apostate and died as such a "senseless one

soloman in gehenna??...how many jws would say yes??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit