Will apostates burn in Gehenna???

by kid-A 33 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

I seem to recall the WTS teaching this many years ago. The idea was that "apostacy" was the ultimate, unforgiveable sin, because it was

tantamount to "sinning against the holy spirit".....Does anyone recall hearing this idea, that "apostates", along with our buddy Satan, will suffer

the "permanent cutting off" in the firey lake of gehenna!!! Whoo-hoo! Get the marshmallows!

• KW13
    KW13

i hope so, its freezing in the UK

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

The idea was that "apostacy" was the ultimate, unforgiveable sin, because it was tantamount to "sinning against the holy spirit"..

JWs don't believe in the Holy Spirit so how can an ex-JW sin against it? In my opinion, JWs are the real apostates.

...Does anyone recall hearing this idea, that "apostates", along with our buddy Satan, will suffer

the "permanent cutting off" in the firey lake of gehenna!!!

I remember hearing that. It makes me laugh now because the idea of non-Christians threatening other non-Christians with a Christian punishment is ridiculous.
  • Amazing
    Amazing

Kid-A,

Officially, the Society has never taught that Apostates sin against the Holy Spirit, or that they will be especially singled out for destruction anymore than plain-jane worldly people who die at Armageddon. An Apostate "can" return to the Watchtower organization. All who merit destruction at Armageddon go to Gehenna, according to Watchtower theology, because none who die at Jehovah's hands are worthy of a resurrection. It is common belief among Jehovah's Witnesses, however, that Apostates have "likely" sinned against the Holy Spirit, and will not likely ever repent and return to Jehovah's organization. The fact that ex-JWs have no interest in returning to the Watchower organization means, in the minds of JWs, that we are guilty of such sin and will forever remain unrepentant until our eternal desatruction.

Thank God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit that we do not believe that stuff anymore.

Jim W.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Interesting piece of psychology how they try to intimidate and control the R&F by associating apostasy with sinning against the Spirit. In fact the WTS does not even have the truth and all documented rational criticism is valid within any organisation as far as Christian law is concerned.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ah but 'our' punishment is worse...

we wont just die forever...we will die forever

• carla
    carla

So they do believe in hell afterall? I wish jw's would get their 'unity' thing together! I see no unity.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Ian you are too ironic for your own good you know...

I agree though!

DB74

• daystar
    daystar

tijkmo

My thoughts precisely. We gonna be killed... dead!

• kid-A
    kid-A

It is common belief among Jehovah's Witnesses, however, that Apostates have "likely" sinned against the Holy Spirit, and will not likely ever repent and return to Jehovah's organization.

I would be curious to know if this point has ever been raised in the magazines, it certainly is part of the "JW folklore", which suggests that the idea had to have emerged from the GB, Russell or Rutherford at some point in their history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit