THE BIG A: RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER.

by Mary 64 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I'm sorry, but I strongly feel that most of you apostates here have totally lost sight of the fact that armageddon is at your doorsteps and is staring all of you in the face.

When our Lord Jesus was leaving the earth, he told his close diciples that he would come again and bring them home with him. He said "I come quickly" in Revelation too. If Jesus meant that 2000 years would pass before he returned.....why can't you haters of Jehovah see that a mere 120 years is nothing in Jehovahs eyes. Jehovahs true organisation has been saying the end was close since 1879 which is like yesterday.....yet your presumptousness and your impatience of waiting on him has become selfish and self centered. I hope you all burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumservant-of-Jah

• Mary
    Mary

Someone hasn't had their coffee yet this morning.

• trevor
    trevor

When I was a mind-numbed Jehovah’s Witness, the imminent Armageddon theory was referred to as - When The Big Crunch Comes. I had visions of a huge new chocolate bar marching out of Cadburys and taking the world by storm.

Sometimes I miss living in a world of fantasy where we were all specially chosen agents living life on the edge of reality. Moving among a world full of people who had no idea of the great event that was about to happen any day…soon...just around the corner…er…um..

• gumby
    gumby
    Sometimes I miss living in a world of fantasy where we were all specially chosen agents living life on the edge of reality. Moving among a world full of people who had no idea of the great event that was about to happen any day…soon...just around the corner…er…um..

Yeah Trevor....I know what you mean Then sometimes we move on to christianity where we think we'll find true happiness again with true answers.......then sometimes many find that this too is a fantasy and they are let down a second time and they put up a tall wall against any future philosophies or stories that offer salvation or a bright hope. Having nothing to base a belief on leaves many empty........such as myself.

Gumby

• Gill
    Gill

Yes! I understand that the 'storm clouds of Armageddon are rapidly approaching!' That particular quote was in the mag about coping when relatives leave Jehovah!

I remember the Disctrict Convention that stated we had actually turned the cornor and were now face to face with Armageddon which was in the 1980's.

Gumby - I hope you're feeling a little better now you've had your little rant! I hope your God Jehoover is pleased with you preaching tactics. Have you thought of getting a megaphone or going house to house with a little record player, or perhaps a ghetto blaster would be more in your line.

• gumby
    gumby
    Yes! I understand that the 'storm clouds of Armageddon are rapidly approaching!' That particular quote was in the mag about coping when relatives leave Jehovah!

Gumby - I hope you're feeling a little better now you've had your little rant! I hope your God Jehoover is pleased with you preaching tactics. Have you thought of getting a megaphone or going house to house with a little record player, or perhaps a ghetto blaster would be more in your line.

I just had someone tell me that "the love of the greater number is cooling off" and applied it to the Organisation. Little did he know the society's current understanding of this applies to "the world". Yes Gill, Jehovah is happy with me.No, I've never used a megaphone before......but I DO place magazines by the 100's. I put a rubberband around the Watchtower and AWAKE! and drive by houses and throw them in peoples yards like the paper- boy does. So far this month I have placed 238 magazines! Gumregularpublisher

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

It may well be "just around the corner", which begs the question: Which corner? and Are we there yet?

I don't think that corner has been built yet. It's still a construction zone....

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I remember reading a thread last week taken from the Sept. 1, 06 Watchtower(I think) , saying something about the flock was jumping ahead of the GB, or reading into things the GB was saying. Gee wonder where the flock got these crazy ideas from!!

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby said: I just had someone tell me that "the love of the greater number is cooling off" and applied it to the Organisation. Little did he know the society's current understanding of this applies to "the world".

They jump back and forth with this so often it's hard to tell WHAT the current belief is......depends on which way the wind is blowing.....doesn't the bible say Jehovah doesn't change?? So why does their interpretations constantly change??

I remember reading a thread last week taken from the Sept. 1, 06 Watchtower(I think), saying something about the flock was jumping ahead of the GB, or reading into things the GB was saying.

Really? I don't recall that.....I'll have to take a look at the rag.......

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I remember an illustration given by DO. He said if you went for a bus it was better to be at the bus stop early rather than miss the bus. His point was that we might be slightly early and like waiting for a bus, time may seem to drag. But, better early than late.
    That was about 40 years ago and that DO is now dead.
    Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit