What funeral will you have?

by Gilberto 22 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I spoke to my JW wife a few months ago about this subject, and guess what?
    She told me that she wants to be cremated and her ashes scattered on the Yammuna or Ganges in India. I think I will go for the same myself.
    Eyeslcie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have offered my body for medical research.

All being well, they will take it awayand they can use it as they will and then dispose of it . I won't be around to care what they they do or say. At least it will save on funeral costs - my final attempt to beat the system

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

I think it would be good to plan your funeral as this would help those left behind. I suppose what you do depends on if you view it as for the deceased or the bereaved. Cremation for sure.

Maybe I could think about the contents of the service. I like the idea of a chosen song, maybe Search for the Hero by M People.

I'm not sure about donating for research though.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Donate vital organs, and then be incinerated rather than rot in the ground.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Just bury me in the backyard. Don't forget the lime!

Warlock

• ttbeachbum
    ttbeachbum

Similar to Forscher situation, Husband advised I was being cremated and since we have not fulfilled 'our dreams of traveling' he would spread my ashes throughout his journey

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Definitely cremation for me, I don't want my remains to be dug up 70 years later to make way for some new shopping centre or housing estate.

I'd like the 'funeral' itself to be a celebration, I'm thinking of not allowing anyone to go to the cremation. They can just stay in church and party on while the funeral directors get on with the disposal side!

I suspect that if my eldest sister is still around, there will be significant dispute as to which church the funeral will be in - I've made it quite clear that it must be held in the Anglican church where I worship now and not the RC church.

emo sometimes wonders if anyone will bother to turn up anyway though .....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Want to be cremated and my ashes sent off and made into a vase. I want it (me) glazing in really bright beautiful colours and I want to hold flowers on the shelf in the living room of someone in my family. When some clumsy grandchild knocks me over and I smash I want the bits making into a mosaic, and I want hanging on the wall, so I will always be a thing of beauty.

Im deadly serious about this. I want to bring a splash of colour and joy into peoples lives.

If I have a plaque anywhere I want it to say "Best before...(date of my death)"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Colour me green and call me spanky...

Oops - misread the thread title!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered. I don't want any sad songs at my funeral, I want Tapestry by Carole King, which has always been my favourite album, played at the Crematorium.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit