WHY?

by Dansk 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

How about the Brooklyn real estate, and the new projects, purchases and renovations there!? We're talking about some of the most expensive real estate on the planet, so why don't they sell it all, move the whole operation out here to southern Colorado where land is cheap. Then THEY can contribute to the worldwide work and to KH builds. Sick, sick.

• mouthy
    mouthy

™, but that Bethel™ would most likely be a government building in the new system™.

We were told in our K H that when Armeggedon came we could run to the Hall for protection Jah would see that it remained & we would be safe.... I asked what would I do as I had to take two buses to get to the Kingdum Hall. they replied I could then use the French Hall( I was in Montreal)in that case--- that was two streets from me. But I could not attend that every other time because I couldnt speak French..
    I did attend three times Couldnt understand a word that was said, Then the 4th time I turned up no one was there. I found out later..... they had been telling every one about the FRENCH assembly for that date...Now if I sound like I am BLONDE!!!!! that is not true I am Gullable. ..

• sosad
    sosad

my mom just tld me that they sold their kh & moved into a quick build "two hall" assambly hall- it now houses four cong vs three...the $$$ was donated to the societies KH Fund to assist congs where the need is great. Their cong watched a slide presentation about how dfficult it is for congs in other countries to get the funds to build. I changed the subject at this point (the clock was running I'msure) but i would love to know if the $$$$ is given to those in need as my parents beleive, or if it is loaned by the society, with interest...

• moshe
    moshe

We're talking about some of the most expensive real estate on the planet, so why don't they sell it all, move the whole operation out here to southern Colorado where land is cheap.

I humorously suggested a few months ago that they move all Brookyn bethel operations to California- Buy Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch. They won't even have to change the name , either. The JW's will never see the promosed new order will they?

• moanzy
    moanzy

Maybe this has been discussed before, but does anyone see the Watchtower Society creating their own bank? That is essentially what they are doing by borrowing to the congregations for reno's and new kingdom halls. They are obviously into realestate and knowing the way they work, I wouldn't put it past them to start a "special" banking system especially for the JW's.

Don't the banks borrow from the Federal Reserves which would be people like the Rockafellers and other extremely rich powerful families and then borrow that money to the rest of the population for a higher interest rate than they pay?

The banks make so much money off this. I can see the Watchtower doing this because of the vast amount of money to be made. The witnesses think this is such a steal of a deal because this is a slighty less interest rate than a bank. Of course they just don't quite get they are borrowing money with interest that they actually gave (duh!)

The Watchtower society can make it all look so legitimate on paper because they claim to be a "religion" and they can use reasoning like "look at the growth" bla bla bla to hide the real reasons from the rank and file.

Moanzy

• Forscher
    Forscher

Have you noticed the new designs are more sturdy?
    I was told that the Society now expects to be able to keep them all the way through the big A and use them afterwards. So they are replacing the older ones with new sturdy ones. It is probably more like they realise that the big A is not so close as they've been preaching and they want to male them sturdy enough that they don't have to be fixed or replaced every few decades. like everything else, it is about lowering costs so that more goes for the security and lifestyle the old men have come to expect at headquarters!
    Forscher

• Gilberto
    Gilberto
    That would be your worst nightmare, missing a meeting and not knowing where the next one is taking place!

LMAO

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Re: WHY?

Why not?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think many of those that belong to the water tower society today view it as a social club. You go and get bored out of your mind and listen to some bad music for a couple of hours then you go out and have cake and coffee. Some people find that very entertaining.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Anyone know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit