My sisters

by iamfreenow 10 Replies latest jw friends

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

I have two sisters, Angela, who is 17 months younger than me, and who has been baptised since she was 16, and Jean, who is 55, and has never been a Jehovahs Witness. I have always got on very well with both of them, but now I am no longer a JW, I really wondered how Angela would react.

It's not that she has ever been an over - zealous JW. Both her and her husband have for years been irregular attenders, and none of their 3 children are JWs. Her oldest daughter did get baptised, but is disfellowshipped, and her younger daughter and son never became JWs - very sensible! I took the plunge, so to speak, at the weekend, and phoned Angela. She is of course, aware that I have disassociated, and I wouldn't have been surprised if she hadn't wanted much to do with me. However, she was fine! And her husband John was fine! They invited me to dinner yesterday, and both told me they wish they'd done what I did years ago, but were a little surprised that I'd done it!

So maybe soon my sister will join me. Like me, they would lose many friends, and I didn't advise them either way, but did suggest they would get away with fading a lot more easily than I did, being rather on the periphery of the congregation, and not in the same one as me anyway, so perhaps that's what they will do, it's up to them. I am just so happy to be able to have a relationship with my sister, despite my disassociation. I told her about this site, and once I have a pc, she has promised to pop round to take a look, or even get the internet fitted at home. Who knows, maybe one day my sister's story will be on here!

My sister Jean is delighted that, in her words, I have finally become a normal person. I know what she means - I have always been in contact with her, but usually used to take the opportunity to witness to her when we got together. Well, she won't have that to think about again! She suggested the 3 of us get together for lunch one day soon, and Angela would be happy to do that as well. I can't remember the last time, apart from weddings and funerals, that the 3 of us were together, so it's something to look forward to. I will certainly let you all know how it goes, but for now, I am so happy to have both my sisters still in my life.

all my love

Marion xxx

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Sounds like a great result

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello Midwich Cuckoo,

I knew I'd be ok with Jean, but it's a bonus having Angela still on my side. If she hadn't wanted to associate with me, I would have accepted it, I wouldn't have had a choice. I suppose she may have to be discreet about personal contact, I doubt that there will be many JWs in the area who won't have heard about my disassociation soon, but I imagine we will be chatting a lot more on the phone than we have for a while.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

The first of many benefits yet to come.

*hugs*

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I suppose she may have to be discreet about personal contact

Lol - yep - amazing how many 'adults' have to skulk around like schoolkids trying not to get 'caught' because of the ridiculous rules. Doesn't look like that's going to be a problem with your sister though. In fact, it looks like Angela and hubby have been fading and that perhaps YOU have given them the strength to make the final steps. Look how quick they invited you to dinner! Lol - they didn't even have to THINK about it. Well done.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow
    amazing how many 'adults' have to skulk around like schoolkids trying not to get 'caught' because of the ridiculous rules

Yes Midwich, that's exactly what I did when I first started seeing Linda and Trevor. I came here on non - meeting nights, and returned home under cover of darkness. It's ridiculous having to do things like that just to see a long - time friend, I felt something like the resistance fighters must have felt when they were trying to evade the Germans in wartime Europe!

At least now I can associate openly with them, which is a relief to me, and probably to them as well.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It is always great to hear about families who do not fall in with the WTS thinking and who make their own moral decisons based upon their own conscience.

Excellent result Marion and I look forward to seeing more of your posts in due course.

DB74 (Gary)

• Dansk
    Dansk

Marion,

I am overjoyed to learn about you and your sisters. How extremely comforting to know that one's family is being so supportive!!

How long must Watchtower's days really be? There are so many newbies joining us now, but what really makes my heart jump for joy is the number of "old timers" who are also coming out. THAT sends a massive message of discontent to Watchtower. Believe me, the org. is getting worried!

Great days ahead!

Love,

Ian

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

YYEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

I'm so glad for you, and for your sister!! Don't give up on the other one!!

shelley

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

but for now, I am so happy to have both my sisters still in my life.

Good for you enjoy your life. It might be the only one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit