Help ... Any handy men/women out there

by looking_glass 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

99% chance it's the magnatron. We had it fizzle out in our microwave. We were fortunate to have a repair store where we live and they told us it would be cheaper to buy a new unit since the part was almost as expensive. Problem was that we couldn't find one the same size as the one we had and the wife really really likes this size. So we opted to buy the new part and have it installed. It all depends on how much you like your present unit. Most built-ins are standard sizes so you should be able to find one that fits the opening.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

take a look at this link about problem GE is having with its microwaves
    http://www.epinions.com/content_224132435588

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Thanks Z-man. Really it is just the inconvenience of it all. But again, thanks everyone. I get the point though .. JUST BUY A NEW MICROWAVE!

• zeroday
    zeroday

Yep, the only way to go. Had it happen to me a few years ago. Called Sears where i bought it and they said it would cost 3 times as much than to replace it with a new one.

• moshe
    moshe

My GE built in microwave is 10 years old and still working. The labor and parts will cost you more than a new one.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

when things quit working around my house I hit it with a hammer!

Kids too! KIDDING.......JUST KIDDING.....

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If you're not married, try and date a microwave repair man for a little while anyway. You might even get a brand new one free! Then dump the guy if he is not for you!

Or as others have said, buy a new one and bite the bullet.

Outaservice (who knows nothing about microwaves)

• juni
    juni

Looking glass, good evening!

All of this FREE trouble shooting. They are right. Time to bury it.

Juni

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Juni - yep time to buy a new one, but you gotta give me credit for trying to make sure it was not a "blonde" move and have a repair guy come over only to find out it was disconnected or something. I just needed validation that it was something more then just a "reset" button kind of thing.

Carp - that is the brand I have!!!!!! Nice to know GE stands behind their products (NOT). Though I should not complain, I have lived here 3/4 years and have not had a prob w/ the thing until now. I don't know, maybe it is the god's way of saying I should not use a microwave because it is not the healthiest option to cook w/. But honestly when you come home late and want something quick, you are not going to fire up the stove!

Thanks again guys and gals.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    when things quit working around my house I hit it with a hammer!

That was going to be my suggestion!! Oh, and watch the blonde remarks, that's my excuse!!

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit