Wedding Rules of the Oct. 15th Watchtower

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I read parts of that WT. all about weddings. To sum it up, you can have ZERO fun. The groom's responsible for everything including the wedding preparations and what happens at the wedding and the reception. If the bride's parents, who will probably pay for the wedding think they have any say----think again! The music has to be totally screened, and everything is rules.

• Arthur
    Arthur

The level of micromanagement going on at the Brooklyn Kremlin is unbelievable.

In the next Watchtower issue, they are going to tell us how many times to chew our food, and what kind of toothpaste to use.

• juni
    juni

So now the WTB$TS are wedding etiquette experts?

Isn't that supposed to be worked out between families. I wonder if that's a DF offense if you don't follow their new "rules?

Juni

• Worldlywife
    Worldlywife

Curious.....why would you continue to read the WT if you find it offensive? Does this not impede the progress you've made thus far to get out of that religion?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    In the next Watchtower issue, they are going to tell us how many times to chew our food, and what kind of toothpaste to use.

Arthur, don't give them ideas!

What happens, I wonder, if someone breaks the rules and actually has some fun? Is that going to be a df offence now.

It's all these rules that are, in some ways, costing them members. They never learn.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Curious.....why would you continue to read the WT if you find it offensive? Does this not impede the progress you've made thus far to get out of that religion?

I believe that many of us still have family that are trapped in this cult and therefore we want to keep a watchful eye on what information they are consuming. For other's it can be theraputic to openly be critical of the organization and the info it provides, for as members of this cult, being critical was forbidden and the consequence was being shunned by our 'loved ones'

• Scully
    Scully

All the more reason to book an Island Wedding / Honeymoon Vacation. Only close family and friends included. It probably costs about the same, without all the cheap-@$$ freeloading JW busybodies telling you what you can and can't do.

• Gill
    Gill

Worldlywife - I don't think we find it offensive - more ...well, hilarious at times.

Those of us who were once under the thumbs of Crooklyn, can look at what they're saying now and see it for what it is...total BS!

It's very therapeutic to understand things better....and even more so to have a good laugh!

• Sasha
    Sasha

what happens at funerals?????

• Mary
    Mary
    The music has to be totally screened, and everything is rules.

Yep, read the article. The only question in any "mature Christian's mind is: what song does the bride and groom begin the reception with: Shulamite Remnant or We Thank You Jehovah?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit