Wedding Rules of the Oct. 15th Watchtower

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

what kind of toothpaste to use.--- I remember hearing about an awake that tells you how to brush your teeth. If any knows the article please post. A woman on another board said her mom wouldn't leave the house because she had to wait 10 minutes after eating to brush her teeth because the society said it was the best way!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Sister Colporteur and I were to have a wedding at the end of October (play Van Morrison's Moondance), Robin Trower's (In City Dreams - 'Turn Out The Lights'), and Led Zepelin's - 'Thank You.' But none of those tunes were in the Tower, so Sister Colporteur's family said we could do Shulamite Maiden thrice, and that was it. I heard enough. I left the Colporteur family for good - the end of my comeback, the end of the marriage plans, no microphone privileges to look forward to, no TMS talks. Thanks Brooklyn! Any worldly women interested in a late October wedding, seeing that I already paid for the beer kegs, tuxedo, and vacation to St. Johns.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Either Mary is deprogramming quicker than I am, but isn't it Shulamite Maiden?

Shulamite Remnant or We Thank You Jehovah?

• xjwms
    xjwms

The last witness wedding I attended...the DJ played the song

Y M C A

and since this has always been my nature..... I asked an elderly elder

if the pioneers should be dancing to such a song.....his expression...Priceless.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I suppose at least few of the smarter (is that an oxymoron?) jw's will opt for a non KH wedding.

The Catholic church can be picky, too. They don't allow the wedding march to be played and the focus is not to be on the bride, but rather the marriage its self and what it stands for. Only two Catholics can have a wedding mass with eucharist. If the non Catholic has never been married, they can be married by a priest or deacon in the church, but with no mass. They have to take classes and be approved by the priest as well. One thing I respect about the Catholic Church is that they do make couples go through counseling to see if they are compatible.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

This is nothing new - they have been doing this since I became associated in 1960.

Joyfull Weddings that Honor Jehovah- Wt 5-1-2000

Weddings that Honor Jehovah- Wt 4-15-1997

Christian Weddings that Bring Joy - Wt 4-15-1984

What Kind of a Wedding - Wt 5-1-1974

Christian Weddings Should Reflect Reasonableness - Wt 1-15-1969

Questions from Readers - Wt 7-15-1964

They've never been short on advise and rules for this.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    what kind of toothpaste to use.--- I remember hearing about an awake that tells you how to brush your teeth. If any knows the article please post. A woman on another board said her mom wouldn't leave the house because she had to wait 10 minutes after eating to brush her teeth because the society said it was the best way!

Carla - I tried to find that article - OMG I can't believe how many articles they have written on the subject. And most of it in about third grade style and level. I am embarrassed that I ever read such tripe and considered it from the organization God was using.

My first grade g-daughter can speak at a higher level.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

g00 9/22 p. 29 Watching the World ***

Caution

Needed When Brushing Teeth

"It’s possible to brush your teeth too much," says a report in The Wall Street Journal. "The problem is commonly called ‘toothbrush abrasion,’ and it can lead to sensitive teeth, receding gums and wear around the root of the tooth." An estimated 10 to 20 percent of the U.S. population "have damaged their teeth or gums as a result of overbrushing." Diligent brushers and those using harder bristles are most at risk. "They end up doing more harm than good in the interest of being thorough," says dentist Milan SeGall. Some people are genetically predisposed to the problem because they are born with less bone surrounding their teeth. Also vulnerable are people who have straightened or moved their teeth by means of braces and those who grind or clench their teeth. To prevent damage, the experts recommend the following: Use a soft toothbrush. First brush the back teeth, as at the start even soft brushes are somewhat firm and toothpaste is more abrasive. Gently grip the brush with just a few fingers rather than a fist. Position the brush at a 45-degree angle to the gum line, and swish gently in an elliptical motion instead of sawing back and forth.

• minimus
    minimus

What struck me was how truly controlling the Society is. I've always known it but if I see how "True Christians" would do this and that again, I'll throw up. I'd LOVE to see a bride's family being told by the non paying groom what they MUST do. You will no longer be able to take a sh*t without getting a manual from Brooklyn.

• Jourles
    Jourles

And not only do you have WT's on how to run a wedding, but there is even a BoE letter just for weddings...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit