Did anyone just get tired?

by woodmonkey 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Welcome Woodmonkey

So good to hear from you - you will find on this forum, lots of people with the similar thoughts and views as yours. I often wonder how we (Kaytee and our children) managed to fit in all of the meetings, studying, field service etc. I used to be so relieved when it was raining and we were unable to go out in field service on a saturday morning. At last some time to catch up with normal everyday jobs such as housework and laundry ! - and of course there would always be the usual comments at meetings about not keeping your house clean - you really needed a 60 hour day to keep up with everything

Look forward to hearing more from you

Twinkletoes

• evita
    evita

During my senior year in High School I was trying to be a good little dub by auxiliary pioneering. Since I had arranged a shortened school schedule, my mom and her pioneer partner would pick me up around noon to do return visits. Five days a week I would climb into the car and promptly fall asleep in the back seat! I was so bored and exhausted....from being a teen, homework, meetings, and field service. Plus the stress of trying to figure out what I was going to do after I graduated. I think I just couldn't face my life.

• braids1976
    braids1976

Hi,

I have been gone for a couple of years now. I was the perfect platform girl who said all the right things and had all the right friends. You know what I was tired of? PRETENDING

I never once read the WT and thought about what my answer or opinion was, I only studied so that if I was asked I could spout the latest words.

Since leaving I am finially doing what I want and thinking what I think and feeling what I feel.

The whole thing is exhausting, I appreciate how you feel and that you had the courage to get out.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I used to wonder why other dubs would say, "No one's home anymore because Satan's keeping them busy so they will not hear the "Truth" while they themselves were not at home either.

Good point honesty. Perhaps the GB is keeping the Dubs so busy so thay they won't discover the truth about the "Truth".

• mama1119
    mama1119

I remember elders wives always saying how tired their husbands were and how they were so busy with all the KH crap. But they were more boasting then complaining I think.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Tired~yes, that is the perfect description. You and I have discussed this before, Woodmonkey (I am oldest daughter of woodmonkey's clan, you may call me by my tribal name metaldog hehe ). I was sitting in a Sunday meeting where the theme was "work harder, do more, work faster....wait on Jehovah (how I despise that reactionary mentality) and I just realized that I was free to get up and walk out....I was free...so I did just that. Walked out to my car on a beautiful Rocky mtn spring day, got myself and my daughter in, rolled down the windows as I was driving off and breathed the sweet air of freedom. Never been back.

and it is good.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• woodmonkey
    woodmonkey

I know, B

Thanx

• Jobees
    Jobees

I was sick and tired of being sick and tired! Seriously!

Another exhausting thing about my 25 years in, was the fact that I just felt like a lost cause. I felt as if I couldn't do anything right. I had the guiltiest conscience in the organization and it just ate me right out of the 'truth'. When I look back now I have to laugh because I never did anything growing up that was 'bad' but I sure as hell felt like it was, at the time.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome, Woodmonkey. Nice to have you here. Yes, I was tired of all those meetings, studying, service that was never enough...the elders were constantly telling us, "we need MORE, MORE, MORE, from you." Yuk!!! Enough was enough, I faded after my husband went back to smoking and was DF'd for it...he was only a new Jdub anyways, and he had enough too.

Now my family is flourishing, and we are very happy. I wish you the same.

You're in good company here.....enjoy.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I actually quite enjoyed field service...hell I even miss it in a sick kind of way...idling walking around the streets or driving around in a car doing a few lame RV's....enjoying the joking around.

But all those meetings...endless meetings, 3 times a week....driving for miles to sit in a chilly hall at night through the winter months....so bored out of my brain.......can't stop checking the clock.....so tired....can't be frigged looking up all the scriptures.....let me sleep....but must not forsake the gathering......ngnnngarraagghhHHHH!!!!

zzzzzz..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit