Guess who's coming over Monday night!!

by kerj2leev 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi Kerj,

It is probably for the best that they did not show. If they call again I would just tell them there is no point meeting as you have no intention of being a JW again, as you have come to realise that the WTS is not directed by Jehovah. (unless you think that doing so will affect your relationship with your father.)

Don't let them draw you into any conversation about your reasons. I had elders meetings and discussions, and they forever play in my head what I could have/should have said. It is far easier to let it go and try to keep the religion as far from your life as possible.

Your child has a lot to contend with going through both a divorce and loosing his religion. I have step children and the boy took it very hard when his father left, but he is over it now and happily on with his life. It sounds like you have a good relationship with your son, so that is the most important thing for him. The other important thing is for him to build new friends outside the religion.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

GGBG.....Nope didn't show, Nope didn't call, glad that they didn't come over. We are doing good, I'm heading over to the school to talk with his counselor about getting him into that program.

JB....I don't need a haircut, but I could use a drink later...you buying???? I use to sing in a, band to bad your so far away!!

I just wanted to thank everyone for taking the time to post, reading them is truly like therapy for me. As most of you know it is hard when you don't have people who really understand what you are going through.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glad they didnt show.... good your getting the lad into counselling...I think we all need that after beeing in the Kingdum of Jehovahs Witnesses

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Kerj,

Good for you that the elders didn't show! You gave them a chance.... they don't deserve another one if they can't even call when they are going to cancel.

I hope the best for you and your son. Looks like you are being a great, careing dad.... hope the counseling helps get your son in a good mood again! Keep us posted!

• esw1966
    esw1966

HOW DID MONDAY NIGHT GO?!!!!! (i'm VERY curious!)

• nsrn
    nsrn

ESW1966--scroll back through the several posts before yours. RECAP: Elders were no-show.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's a good book for helping your child get through the divorce.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/mh-sm/divorce/toc_e.html

Let me know if it helps.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Get a six pack and some chips and ask them to watch the game Tell them religion is off limits!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit