Guess who's coming over Monday night!!

by kerj2leev 37 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Thanks for all the support.....but its almost 10, no one here yet, I don't think their going to show.

On a side note I talked with my son about what was going to happen. He said he didn't want to study, infact he told me he didn't even know if he believed in God. This really caught me by surprise, I asked him why. Since our divorce he says he hates life and he feels miserable about the whole thing. I told him I understand how he feels, but we need to try to focus on the positives in our lives. I'm going to get him into counseling, I think they offer a program at his school to help children going through divorce.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Thanks for all the support.....but its almost 10, no one here yet, I don't think their going to show.

They didn'thave the courtesy to call and cancel? I would not let them slide on that if they call again.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Well, I guess its a good thing since it brought about that conversation with your son. Best wishes for finding someone to help him very quickly!

• ronin1
    ronin1

Yes, please get some help for your son.

It disturbs me that he has expressed he hates life.............

Ronin1

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

ronin1

It did me too, he usually is a pretty happy kid.....

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I've been thinking about you this evening!! Glad you didn't have to deal with them. But, the important thing is that you were able to really talk with your son, and find out now where his head is at!! I'm glad you can get him help now!!

shelley

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hey Kerj, let us know what happened. Did they never show? Did they call? How are you? How is your son?

GoodGirlBadGirl

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    On a side note I talked with my son about what was going to happen. He said he didn't want to study, infact he told me he didn't even know if he believed in God. This really caught me by surprise, I asked him why. Since our divorce he says he hates life and he feels miserable about the whole thing.

Getting this information is the most important thing that could have come from the evening. All three of you need to work together to help him get thru these feelings. A counselor will help alot.

I wish you all the best.

-Aude.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Wow, a year later and your still letting them have a measure of control. I would have said, no, and please never call again. They are not the narrators of your life, cut them loose permanently. They did that to you, after all.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would not let them in. Stay focused on your son, don't let them mess with you. You are free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit