The Weekend Thread

by KW13 40 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

My husband is off to work all weekend and my daughter and I just woke up and had waffles, watching a little SpongeBob. I am staying home for the next three days to re-organize, clean and generally prepare for the new baby ( November). Pretty lazy weekend.

• KW13
    KW13

The weather here is crappy today: cool, wet and dreary.....we're getting the remnants of Hurricane Ernesto here today and tomorrow, so I can't do anything outdoors.......I'm baking bread today, doing laundry, cleaning and finishing a painting for my sister.......
    cool, at least you got stuff to do
    I'm sat at home watching The Young Ones DVD. I love a good laugh.
    yeh i found them funny but i only saw a few episodes.

I start the new school year on Monday, so im planning as many lessons as possible over the weekend so my weekdays arent hectic. ;

The school has timetabled me to teach 4 ICT lessons ;(im a maths teacher). ; Nobody asked me what my ICT skills were like, and nobody told me i'd be teaching it until Friday when I picked my timetable up!! ; Im also teaching Sex Ed to Yr 10s. ; Nobody told me that either until Friday. ;

This is truly the British education system on the cheap.

if we had a teacher covering a lesson that wasn't usually theirs on this scale, we usually found we were working from sheets/textbooks so if your lucky, there will be some stuff already for them.
    OH.. KW! Let me tell you what! I just had a brainstorn and I will let you know if it pans out!

It is good!

Decki

Good luck on that, lemme know
    My husband is off to work all weekend and my daughter and I just woke up and had waffles, watching a little SpongeBob. ; I am staying home for the next three days to re-organize, clean and generally prepare for the new baby ( November). ; Pretty lazy weekend.
    I do love waffles, new baby in November...Is it a boy or a girl, or dont you know?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The weekend is just another work day for me. I work midnights as detention officer in a jail. My days off are Sunday night and Monday night. Mostly today I slept got up and watched a John Fogerty in concert music video. But I am on vacation or holliday next week after tonight.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I took a corner too sharply on my bike yesterday and fell over the handlebars. Walked away, but landed on my hands, which aggravated the tendonitis in all my arm joints. So I'm sitting at home nursing the pain - which is already some better - and not attending the music festival in the next town, shopping for vegetables, or seriously planning to attend church tomorrow. Bummer.

Been eating all day, which is now out of character for me, but it helps a little with the pain. I'll either watch Curse of the Were-Rabbit or read Black Like You.

gently feral

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Right now am putting on my pretty face to go sling some cocktails and make a few bucks.
    Tomarrow I am going to the Renaissance. Monday is a day off here, so homework and cleaning for me. Kids start school Tuesday.

• Brigid
    Brigid

I am home with my sniffly little boy. I just got some chicken soup down him, so I hope he feels better tomorrow.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Brigid- Hope BB Boy feels better soon. I went to a place that I like and offered free advertising for free advertising. Well to top it all off, I am hammered now, and have to go back and meet with them on Wednesday. You all remind me ok? Never drink with 7 brothers from Turkey. LMAO.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

ok, all 7 were not there, but in spirit...on spirit. Fact is I hooked up with a motercycle group and smoked cloves and drank as we piled on the salsa and fish tacos. My head is flying. So much so that I was actually decent to someone I want to push in front of a bus. Guess it is pretty sad when it takes way too much drink to bring out my nice side. That is not normal.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

anyone...Don't make me end this one. Bad enough that I am toast at 11:30. That is a downright shame....Take over someone.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'll help you out, Sparky.

Woke up late. Took wifey to lunch, even though one of her cronic conditions is acting up. We went to a bread store and bought some sweet bread. Spent the late afternoon at home.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit