The Weekend Thread

by KW13 40 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Let's see... ex-wife came over to watch my son and let me get out of the house for the evening.

I guess one whole hour was too long for my friend to wait for me, so I ended up sitting in a bar alone for a while. Another friend showed up though, and so she and I chatted for a bit.

I left there to head towards home and stopped by an old hangout where I ran into an old girlfriend who was working there. I hadn't seen her in... fifteen years, so we caught up a bit.

I went home, went to bed, and today I'm working while my ex-wife and my son hang out playing games on this overcast and chilly day. Fun, fun...

I wish I was spending the weekend with a certain someone, but...

• Gregor
    Gregor

Me and wifey are taking care of our 12 yr old grandaughter this weekend. Her parents are in Reno for R&R. We haven't spent much time one on one with her in a while and we have noticed she has blossomed into a world class pouter. I try to ignore it but her Gma keeps trying to cajole her out of it which only makes it worse. She took her shopping for school clothes yesterday for 3 hours. She said about 20 words the whole time. Mostly grunts and shoulder shrugging. I popped in on the mini Apostafest and met some nice people, Brenda Cloutier and Kevin, Queen Bee and hub. Odrade and friends. I guess today we'll be jumping through hoops trying to keep the princess entertained! It's OK. We love her to pieces!

• Kudra
    Kudra

Wow, lots of folks taking care of their kids in the rain.
    I went to a lovely party and, in the last 10 minutes managed to get completely irate at my friend and storm out on him. He said later (we sort of made up) that 3 of the biggest gossips in the department were watching and listening (this was an arguement of an extremely personal nature) and asked him about it after I made my most ungracious exit.
    :(
    -K
    I have felt horrible since.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I've spent the weekend maxing out my credit cards on household necessities, unpacking boxes and cleaning my new place. (I've moved)
    Now I'm just enjoying the sun and catching up here.

Dams

• juni
    juni

Just got done grocery shopping and putting away stuff. Watching my daughter's dog; so mine and hers are having a great romp.

Trying to order some books from the library on line, but their site is down, so I came here.

Later grill out and watch some TV or a movie then take a shower and go to bed where I'll read w/2 dogs hogging the bed!

Now isn't that exciting???

Juni

• Brigid
    Brigid

Thanks Sparki, the baby boy is feeling better, but now my daughter is sniffley!! Oh well, good thing I made enough chicken soup for a small army. So far, I haven't gotten sick but I hardly ever do.

Maybe next weekend will be more exciting. If not, there's always my special weekend in October coming up (yaaay!)

~B

• KW13
    KW13

damn your all busy!

(yes juni very exciting )

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Oh KW13 - Karl :))

Yesterday - shopped with Mr Midwich - we discussed 'dinner' - he won, we had LIVER so I got a bottle of Port to even things out. We watched 'The Dark' on DVD - and after half a bottle of Port (and a few Vodkas - the real stuff from Mr Midwich's trip to Russia) I haven't a clue what the film was about.

STILL, we woke up (eventually) Sunday morning and discussed the subject of 'Demons' - I untied Mr Midwich after he gave a satisfying explanation of car boot /Demons (see another thread).........well - I needed to really, he had to cook lunch. It's always a lot safer for him to cook (when I cook, we always have to bag a sample up for forensics - just in case).

• Peaches-n-Cream
    Peaches-n-Cream

We've have beautiful weather where I live. This morning my friend and I went to the gym, then out for breakfast. Right now, I'm just taking it easy. Going to a cook out tonight with some friends. Tomorrow, probably sleeping in, then we'll see.....

Hope you all enjoy yourselves!

• KW13
    KW13
    Yesterday - shopped with Mr Midwich - we discussed 'dinner' - he won, we had LIVER so I got a bottle of Port to even things out. We watched 'The Dark' on DVD - and after half a bottle of Port (and a few Vodkas - the real stuff from Mr Midwich's trip to Russia) I haven't a clue what the film was about.

STILL, we woke up (eventually) Sunday morning and discussed the subject of 'Demons' - I untied Mr Midwich after he gave a satisfying explanation of car boot /Demons (see another thread).........well - I needed to really, he had to cook lunch. It's always a lot safer for him to cook (when I cook, we always have to bag a sample up for forensics - just in case).

sounds like a nice weekend! my GF cooks and cleans, its brilliant!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit