Poor JWs on a RV today........

by Gill 46 Replies latest social family

• inthetruth
    inthetruth

Dang! You must not have to work!! It must consume all of your time to try to terrorize those people. They are probably laughing at your puny efforts anyway.I know I am, LOL

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

What would you do (if anything) if you saw 2 Dubs (who you know) doing return visits on a close neighbour?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I still wanted to help him find accurate knowledge about the Bible.

Lol. The last JW that visited me (16 MONTHS ago) were supposed to be calling back with answers to my questions. Accurate knowledge (to a JW) is how the Society interprets the Bible on a weekly basis.

We don't do things because the organization tells us to like we are mindless puppets, but we do them because the Bible tells us to

You do things because the SOCIETY requires it of you.

• vitty
    vitty

inthetruth

Same old rhetoric. I could have made the same old post a couple of years back

I thought I was separate from the WT and was doing my "own" thing because it was "in the bible"..................till I read the bible and did some research, try it and see you may be surprised.

And no im not disfellowshipped. I left because I found out the truth about the organization.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Try this fullofdoubtnow-- I saw some JW sisters I knew working a block on a Saturday morning about a year after I left the Borg. I went around the corner and parked my car. I had a leaf rake in the car and proceeded to start raking the leaves in a strangers front yard-it was late autumn- with my back to the street. When the two sisters arrived and greeted me I turned around and gave them a big hello. The older sister let out a big gasp when she saw "Numero uno local apostate" and ran back to her car leaving sister newby standing there by herself wondering what had just happened. I heard later that the sisters were always watching out for me, lest the phantom apostate surprise them out in service.

That's hilarious, Moshe! What a shock for those poor dubs!

Johnny Cip, you're gonna have to tell me about your exploits.

• jimbo
    jimbo

Hey!!!

Thats great. I also thought this thread was about a Recreation Vehicle and JWs. I am healing faster than I thought.

My Awake College education is wearing off. Thank God!!------oops!

Jimbo (of the been there done that glad I'm out class)

• Gill
    Gill

Well! They finally returned for their Return Visit on Saturday.

My brother in law found them very difficult to reason with!

One point that they couldn't understand was that, if everyone resurrected was given the chance to live forever and were able to use their free will to decided to serve Jehovah, it couldn't really be free will if they were to be executed for making the wrong choice. That was too complicated for them.

In the end they left but placed the Awake on Creation with him. They got in some time, a return visit and a placement. He got to see the real brainlessness of Jehovah's witnesses.

Ah well! Next time he may have more fun with a different set of JWs.....he's looking forward to that.

• moshe
    moshe

That was too complicated for them.

Yes, it has to be no more than a 1+1=2 argument with them or you will lose them. The real problem with debating with JW's is that they never really listen to you, they are look like they are, but in reality they are thinking about what sales pitch to use next- all in an effort to be the alpha person in the conversation. As many have said before, talk about anything but the Bible.

• willyloman
    willyloman

inthetruth wrote:

But with God, Jesus and all the Angels on our side, who is man to try to harm us?

Here's something I have trouble understanding. Maybe you can clarify it for me.

If there is that much "weight" behind the preaching work why, after 120 years of such divine guidance, does nobody have a clue what JWs are doing going door to door, no idea what their message is, no knowledge of their doctrinal beliefs -- other than they don't take blood transfusions and don't celebrate holidays?

Do you realize you could go out on the street this morning and ask 1,000 people at random what JWs teach and they wouldn't know, beyond blood and birthdays? And even then they wouldn't know why dubs hold those rules so dear.

With such sweeping claims, you run the risk of pissing off Jehovah and Jesus and the Angels by suggesting this is the best they can do. What if you are way off base regarding their involvement in your door to door recruiting work?

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

This "inthetruth" person whoever he/she is made me roll my eyes and that's quite a feat.

You know..if I wrote what this person did and the Elders in my former congregation found out about it I'd be so in for a session with them. I can hear W.H. right now, I can even tell you what scriptures he's quote. Gal 5:22 "Do you think your words were kind?" then Gal 6:1 and then asking me questions to get me to admit i don't have those qualifications because I'm not an elder, then Eph 4:29, 31 and 32 with questions designed to get me to admit that I was not applying that councel in my post. He would also use 2 Tim 2:23-26 and 1Cor13:4 to tie it all together and maybe even throw in a verse about not associating with such ones although that would most likely come from the PO.

By the end I would be hanging my head in shame that I went online to an "apostate" website and posted such an unchristian comment, maybe even in tears if he played it right. I wonder how inthetruth's elders would handle this case? I would love nothing better than to find out who and where this person is and report it to the local elders.

Lets see how long the "smirk" would last then eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit