As long as their is new light, there is no false religion

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If the JW's can receive new light, why can't the Catholics or any other religion also receive new light, that would bring them a little bit closer to the truth.

So, if JW's can have new light, why do they call the other religions false? Aren't they also entitled to receive new light somewhere down the line and maybe become even closer to the truth than the JW's are.

As long as a religion can constantly recieve new light, so can others, which means there is no false religion, just religions changing slowly from one belief to another either very slowly, or a little faster.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Aw come on JH. "Food at the proper time".

Yeh, I know, the menu is always being updated, sometimes you remove a course only to add it back later and maybe take it off again, and sometimes it's just food poison.

In the end you've just got to 'waiter' on Jehovah.

steve

• Zico
    Zico

Good points JH. Considering that there are said to be 2 billion catholics in the world, surely it would make most sense for Jehovah to reveal new light to the Catholic leaders?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can see where you are coming from here JH, but I don't know of any other mainstream religion that claims "new light" apart from the JWs. You get the odd minor cult, like the Branch Davidians for example, claiming a divine revelation and other such bs, but I haven't heard of the Catholics or other big religions claiming that, only the JWs.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It is a diversion to say that the credibility of jwism relies on current light. Jwism applies current light as needed to shore up the fundamental belief - that other people are not as 'good' as them, and wrong, and not as deserving.

The "best people on earth" belief (as blind and incredible that it is) will use whatever doctrinal system needed - when the 'light' fails reason they don't care if black = white for now. Black = white will do just fine if you don't talk about it; the threat of being marked as apostate will suffice until more palatable light is available to support their exclusive arrogant hatred.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Really every stupid argument they use to defend their faith can be used by someone at the door to defend orthodox Christianity if they wanted to be dishonest or annoying.

"But the churches use pagan symbols and have false teachings!!!"

"They are only imperfect men"

"Wait on Jehovah to clean his organization, we don't abandon it"

"Where else can we go?"

"It sounds like you just want to attack God's organization. I shouldn't listen to you or read your material. You sound like an apostate!"

"My beliefs are just what the Bible says, if you go against them you are going against the Bible"

and of course "The Bible says the light gets brighter for the righteous one"

• Arthur
    Arthur

There is one major point that hasn't been addressed. They believe that the Master rejected all of Christendom and chose Rutheford & Co. as his "Faithful Slave". They even have "prophecies" to prove that this happened in 1919. As long as they have this doctrine, they can't be wrong.

• JH
    JH
    They believe that the Master rejected all of Christendom and chose Rutheford

Yeah, even if alot of what they believed back then is old light today.....

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

As long as a religion can constantly recieve new light, so can others, which means there is no false religion, just religions changing slowly from one belief to another either very slowly, or a little faster.

Thats a possibility

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Didn't Jesus say,"I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD?" You don't need any other light.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit