As long as their is new light, there is no false religion

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Yep you're right, it's just degrees of light, wot a crock of shite.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    As long as a religion can constantly recieve new light, so can others, which means there is no false religion, just religions changing slowly from one belief to another either very slowly, or a little faster.

Thats a possibility

This is a rational argument to you and I, but to JWs, this argument would never fly. The doctrine of the Faithful and Discreet Slave trumps all of the claims of other religions as to "new light". According the WTS, Christ rejected all other religions of Christendom and chose the Bible Students as his "Faithful Slave" having stewardship over all of his belongings on Earth. The power that the "Faithful Slave" doctrine has over the average JW cannot be underestimated. The WTS insists there is only one Faithful Slave; and that Slave resides in Brooklyn Heights. At this point, all other religions are under the direction of the demons; according to the WTS. However well intentioned any other Christians may be, all of their teachings and strivings are in vain, since they are part of Babylon the Great.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The WTS insists there is only one Faithful Slave; and that Slave resides in Brooklyn Heights. At this point, all other religions are under the direction of the demons; according to the WTS. However well intentioned any other Christians may be, all of their teachings and strivings are in vain, since they are part of Babylon the Great. But we all here have seen enough evidence in this life to know that the above is not a possibility.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    But we all here have seen enough evidence in this life to know that the above is not a possibility.

Absolutely. And I'm glad that I came to this realization sooner than later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit