Last Night A Young Elder Got Announced As Being---- Deleted!

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock
    No one should conclude automatically that announcements of deletions indicate some wrongdoing. Sometimes health, family matters or other circumstances may preclude a brother’s continued service..................

I "stepped down" as an M.S., and the announcement was made that I had been "deleted". My question is, concerning the highlighted quote above, what conclusions is the congregation SUPPOSED to reach if the reasons for the "deletion" are not announced????? The reasons for my deletion were never announced.

This is so stupid to tell people not to reach certain conclusions, and not give them any information so they can know the facts! Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Warlock

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I contacted the elders and told them I wanted to "step aside" and a few months later the announcement was finally made: "Daniel-p is no longer a ministerial servant."

Nice and ambiguous, but people are still going to think what they are going to think. I had older women giving me sad-puppy-faced looks after the meeting - I suppose in sympathy with me for something which I have no idea. It irritated the hell out of me, but what are you gonna do.

• JH
    JH

Step into the disintegration chamber brother, you're no longer one of us.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It used to be that an elder would "Step Down" from his responsibilities when he resigned. Now he "Deletes" himself. Step down sounded as if he were "Higher" than everyone else to begin with, hence the change in witwordage.

I deleted myself from both pioneering and my elder responsibilities at the same time. Wow, when they announced it I had a couple of friends come up and ask if they could still talk to me!!!! It was unblievable! They didn't know me well enough to know that I was extremely ill from my diabetes and insensed at the hypocrisy I encountered among those with responsibility, ie: the old boys club of DO's and CO's.

Its all about the bottom line and the amount of placements with this corporate religion.

If Jesus is the chief CEO of these nutjobs the earth has a real problem. "Picnic with a Panda" world aint gonna be so great.

W.Once

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Min,

:Integ, when I was an elder a few years ago, he "confessed" his "problem" to me. I told him he needed to get a handle on it and to try to work it out and not beat himself up all the time.

What kinda advice is that? That was his problem. He couldn't get a handle off it.

Dismembered

• done4good
    done4good
    I told him he needed to get a handle on it and to try to work it out and not beat himself up all the time.

I dunno Dismembered, sounds like the whole comment has a bit of innuendo to it...

j

• Warlock
    Warlock
    masturbation is a "touchy" subject with the WTBS.

Isn't it a "touchy" subject anyway? Warlock

• minimus
    minimus

Dismembered got it. You can't play with him.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Rule #1: NEVER jack off at an elder's meeting.

Nina

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

Integ, when I was an elder a few years ago, he "confessed" his "problem" to me. I told him he needed to get a handle on it and to try to work it out and not beat himself up all the time. So "he needed to get a handle..." on the problem, "and not beat himself ...all the time". I have to agree with the others on this minimus, what kind of advice was that? EC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit