Last Night A Young Elder Got Announced As Being---- Deleted!

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My mom told me that the new elder that just got appointed 6 months ago was now deleted. This young man is in his early 30's, unmarried, and now history. What could've happened?? I remember he used to have a "problem" with masturbation. About 6 years ago he was deleted as a MS because he was caught dating a girl that became a publisher but seemed obviously more interested in him than the "good news". His stepfather is an elder and his late father also was one as is his uncle.I can only wonder how this guy is going to handle being deleted.....It is so sad to see so many wastes of life in this religion.

• JH
    JH

Yes, masturbation is a horrible sin.

Deep down, I think that he must be happy not to be an elder anymore.

Do you mean deleted as in DF'd or not an elder anymore?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Deleted? Not just removed, deleted.
    Poor guy, must be devastating to hear you've been "deleted".

• minimus
    minimus

Even if you "step down" or "step aside", technically, it is considered a deletion. But I do think he will have to carry the burden of knowing he couldn't measure up to everyone else in the family.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Right now it probably sucks for him but obviously deep down he has other ideas. Maybe not about the "truth" but he's probably more of a free thinker than everyone wants him to be. Being in a family like that is most likely the only reason he was an elder. In his situation he was probably seen as a prodigy and had no choice but to fulfill his "destiny" and become an elder.

It was probably something stupid he was D'd for. With the witnesses, if they ran a company, you could work there 25 years, never be late, never take a sick day, and be the model employee and they'd fire you for getting too much change back at the vending machine.

• carla
    carla

"deleted" what a word! Sounds like a science fiction movie.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    "deleted" what a word! Sounds like a science fiction movie.

I know, it sounds like they pushed a button with his name on it and vaporized him.

"Let's just say he was 'dealt with'." ---scary!

• minimus
    minimus

When you're no longer one of the boys, you might as well be vaporized,

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Kinda like the buttons 'Dr. Evil' has to get rid of 'Scott'--'Number 2'--and the rest of em.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

All "elders" should be deleted

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit