Raymond Franz is a good man

by slimboyfat 45 Replies latest jw friends

• James Free
    James Free
    He has helped more people escape Bondage than (any) other I know

He has helped thousands, including myself, to clearly see the WT for what it is. He was a part of the 'machine', but so was I. Perfect? No, but he would be the first to admit that - and that also shows what sort of man he is.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I was also set back by a number of ex-witnesses who do not view Ray in good light because he does not prescribe to Christian Orthodoxy. There are quite a number of people out there that don't like to view him as even being Christian. So not only is he to be viewed as a JW apostate, but an apostate of Christianity as well (as the more extreme individuals hold).
    Like many of us, Ray has made bad choices in his life. No question about that. But we all can't deny that at one point or another most of us where held captive by the Watchtower. During the year or so when I was deeply devoted to them I would have done anything they asked. I know a particular Elder who reminds me very much of someone who would be a top ranking JW official. Very nice and sincere, but deeply held by JW beliefs. He knows the organization backwards and forwards and will do anything for it. I could see him making many of the same decisions Ray did if he was in that situation.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    I was also set back by a number of ex-witnesses who do not view Ray in good light because he does not prescribe to Christian Orthodoxy. There are quite a number of people out there that don't like to view him as even being Christian. So not only is he to be viewed as a JW apostate, but an apostate of Christianity as well (as the more extreme individuals hold).

And from the other side of the spectrum, some might find he remained too much of a Christian fundamentalist or moralist. You just can't please everybody. Why not let people be what they are?

One thing I personally enjoy with Raymond Franz is that he was sensitive to the moral problems of being a religious leader and he consistently quit being one, at much personal cost. Let's not make him the xJW leader he didn't want to be.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Someone mentioned that he has a web site and can be emailed via that site. I can't find one. Where's Ray Franz' web site? Thanks

• blondie
    blondie

www.commentarypress.com

One to bookmark or put in your favorites.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks!

That appears to be an online book store.....so if I email the site, Ray Franz gets the email?

I just want to drop him a line to thank him for what he's done.

• blondie
    blondie

[email protected] gets to Ray Franz. He is pretty good about answering too.

Blondie

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks again!

• parakeet
    parakeet

I have mixed feelings about RF, but mostly I feel sorry for him. The WTS messed up his life then tossed him aside (as so many of us were). He's done his level best since then to atone for his errors. It takes a person of character to do that.

• minimus
    minimus

Slimboy, it seems like you're giving Ray a compliment but what you write suggests otherwise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit