Donate for worldwide work- did you ask ?

by sspo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

It was much easier for me when we used to charge for literature than ask the householder if they wanted to contribute to the worldwide work.I was too embarassed. That's why i just gave the literature away and not put them on the spot.

The witnesses that did ask the householder to contribute would usually never get a donation.

What was your experience?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

When the arrangement first came out, I did ask, but not very often because I rarely placed anything. Afterwards, if they took anything and asked if there was a charge I said they could make a donation if they wished. But a placement for me was few and far between.

BB

• loosie
    loosie

I figure I already paid (donated) for them when I picked them up. I didn't ask the householder for $$.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Not once did I ask for a donation. In fact, I probably would not have accepted a donation. At the time I figured I wouldn't remember to put it in the box at the KH, so to keep from feeling guilty later, I just wouldn't take money.

• blondie
    blondie

Never asked for money before or after the donation arrangement in 1990. Sometimes people asked me how much they cost and I would say, donate what you want and what you can afford. I always kept the money even after 1990. It wasn't much. Before 1990, I just made sure I never had any more placement magazines than I left with people. No closet buildup for me. I was more interested in talking about the Bible. I was counseled once on my low placements but I mentioned that I had studies with 4 people and which was more important.

Blondie (not a book/magazine salesperson)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never mentioned the donation arrangement unless the householder asked about it. I used to pay for the mags at the kh myself, so if the householder gave me money, I used to keep it, apart from once when a guy gave me £10, and the sister I was working with related it at the service meeting, so I handed it over then. Bitch!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I asked for at least the first few months. I got a dollar once. Other than that - nothing. I think I put the dollar in the contribution box, but I may not have.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I usually didn't bring it up unless they did. And I kept it, unless it exceeded what I'd already paid for them. Even as a dyed-in-the-wool dub, the double-dipping idea of me paying for the literature, then ALSO turning over donations meant to pay for the literature was too much to swallow.

Dave

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

No, I didn't ask.....the main reason was because I rarely went door to door. LOL!

I would go " out in service" but didn't really have my own calls or bothered to find any. I was just along for the ride.

( Schne- of the finally stopped beating myself up for that class)

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

I mentioned the donation arrangement when it first started, but people often commented that I'd already told them that the literature was free, yet now I was asking for money, so I stopped mentioning anything, and took money only if they offerred it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit