Donate for worldwide work- did you ask ?

by sspo 17 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

I believe I tried it at first. Didn't take long for me to realize it didn't work, so I stopped asking.

j

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I only took money if they offered it. Also, I didn't "donate" when I picked up the literature. The society made the change to the "donation arrangement" and I didn't see why I should finance corporate decisions that I had no say in.

I also preferred it when we charged for the magazines. It made presentations easy, something like, "watchtower and awake, just 40 cents - you want 'em?"

W

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ask and you shall receive. Its a numbers game if you ask enough people some will give the contribution probably just to get rid of you. Of course I havent been out in the door to door work since 1982.

• Gill
    Gill

No! I never asked for donations. I rarely ever gave donations. I already knew the WTBTS was a rich, rich organization and I don't like giving money to rich people if I can help it.

• FairMind
    FairMind

No I never ask for a donation and don't know of anyone who does. Like the other commenters I feel that I have already donated (paid) for the literature. You will notice though that the WTS frequently reminds the publishers to ask for the donation. This way they receive duplicate payments (donations) for the same literature.

• Gill
    Gill

However! When I challenged my parents and another JW on this they insisted that they don't pay for the mags themselves, only if they are given donations.

Now, either they lied to me and they are paying twice, or the WTBTS is not getting its money for its literature and hence a short fall is becoming a problem.

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

I never asked and no one ever offered. Not one donation for the Crotchtower. How appropriate.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I was too shy to ask mot of the time. If they did not figure it out by themselves I did not like begging for mpney.

even before when thay had to pay, I did not ask, and just payed myself if they did not give anything. Even I worked only a few days to have more time for the important work....

luckely most people didn't like it even it is free

D B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit