Back from the cold north ...

by Simon 40 Replies latest social family

• Simon
    Simon

... well, it was cold at the top of the mountains!

We just got back from a 3 week vacation in Canada. We did the tourist thing travelling round the Rockies - they were still there, right where we left them last time! (and magnificent as ever)

And we discovered, after out 6th visit, that bears are not actually extinct in the wild as we had started to believe. We saw 4 no less - a big brown one and 3 black bears (mother and cubs).

Apart from a big hail storm at the start we had clear sunny blue sky for 3 weeks ... while it has poured down in England (and every day since we got back).

We went to a rodeo and saw bull riding (they are CRAZY people!) and had some very pleasant boat trips, days out and time to just watch the world go by.

I'll post some pics when I sort them out.

It's miserable to be back in Crapoland ... I want to go back to Canada !!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sounds brill simon

i'm so gonna do that some day soon

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A Lifetime ambition for me and my wife - to get the Canadian Pacific train across the Rockies

• Simon
    Simon
    sounds brill simon
    i'm so gonna do that some day soon

It is, well worth a trip.

A Lifetime ambition for me and my wife - to get the Canadian Pacific train across the Rockies

The train ride (CP?) looks good (haven't done it but seen it in Jasper) but it's great to drive 'cause there are so many places to stop and see along the way.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Just cleaning it up.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Glad your back safe & sound I was expecting a visit???? So what happened you dodged Toronto????

Shame on you

• Simon
    Simon
    Glad your back safe & sound I was expecting a visit???? So what happened you dodged Toronto????
    Shame on you

Yeah, sorry. But we are probably closer to "Tronno" here in the UK than we were on the West side ("Eh?" )

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Welcome Back Simon and Simons Beautiful Wife...who I shall not even try to spell the name because I will slaughter it so badly...(but know you are in my thoughts as well)

Canada is beautiful. We are planning on taking the boys with my parents to Moraine Lake and Banff next year. I have been before and loved it.

I love all natural wonders, whether they are Canadian or not...New Hampshire has the beautiful white mountains and our beloved Moose.

My husband and I were married overlooking Lake Tahoe in Nevada.

Anyway...I digress! Our family loves mountains...

Welcome Back - glad you all are safe!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I made a boo boo.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Simon,

I am glad you had such a lovely holiday, and I look forward to seeing your pics. Canada is a place I would love to visit myself.

love

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit