Back from the cold north ...

by Simon 40 Replies latest social family

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Nice to hear you and the family had a great trip, glad you're back and I look forward to seeing the pictures. Canada sounds so beautiful!

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Welcome back Simon and Angharad! At least it is a beautiful sunny morning this morning.

Your boys will have some stuff to put in their "What I did in the holidays" essay! Seeing bears is a brilliant experience (as is seeing wolves, beavers, whales.....one day I want to go back to that beautiful continent). Well, for now I will content myself with spotting hares, buzzards, rabbits and lots of pheasants.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Sounds like an excellent holiday....welcome back fella!

DB74

• jgnat
    jgnat

*sigh* sorry I missed you! The Rockies by train. Can't be beat.

http://www.rockymountaineer.com/default.aspx

How about Prairie by train? It comes with it's own salaried train robbers.

http://www.absteamtrain.com/

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I love canada! Poutine! YUMMY!

When are you moving simon?

• blondie
    blondie

About every other year we go to that area of Canada. First visited that area when I was 13. The beauty never fades. Did you see any wild animals? In our visits we have seen elk, deer, black bear, grizzly bear, wolves, marmots, etc. From a safe distance though.

But I enjoy the western US too with its parks, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc.

Some day I hope to visit NZ and its mountains and Australia and Ayers Rock.

Blondie

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

We may have been there at the same time, Simon and Ang. I was in Calgary last week and went to Banff and Waterton while I was there. I think I may want to move there almost as much as you guys do; it's breathtaking, and you and I are both ready to be expats, lol. Calgary has great apostates too ;)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Blondie:

Some day I hope to visit NZ and its mountains and Australia and Ayers Rock.

That'll be great but you'll need to look for Uluru, not Ayers Rock - it hasn't been called that in many years.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello Simon and Angharad,

I am very pleased to hear that you had such a lovely hoilday. Canada is reckoned to be a truly beautiful country, but not one I have visited unfortunately.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Simon and Angharad...WELCOME HOME!!...So Simon,the big question..What Brands of Beer were you Drinking?..You gotta love our beer!!..LOL!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit