"I myself have wondered about the trinity lately , as an old friend of mine is catholic and he tried to explain it to me. As for most though who try and explain the trinity they basically say in the end "....its just a mystery ...hard to explain.....so its better not to question it but just to believe the trinity." Well I have done some independant reserch on the subject myself and have found the following.
1) The Trinity , one of the central doctrines used in the catholic church , was only adopted 300 years after christs death.There is no mention and or reference to the trinity made in the entire Old Testament , and think about this while Jesus was on earth preaching and teaching , along with his followers there is no mention that they taught others of the trinity. So if the trinity is such an important doctrine then why did not Jesus teach it , he would have undoubtedly knew of it so why did he not teach it to his followers , and in turn why did they ALL not teach it as well.
2) Also since the trinity is difficult to explain and teach and to understand most would argu that since because of this it must have come from divine revelation. But that would not make sense as " God is not a god of confusion " - 1 Cor 14:33 . SO with that said would god have made a doctrine so confusing to teach and understand that even today Hebrew , Greek and latin scholars cannot really or fully explain it.So do people have to be theologians to know the only true god and jesus whom he has sent? Well if that were the case then , why did so few educated religious leaders recognize Jesus as being the messiah? Jesus followers were , Fisherman , tax collectors , farmers , housewives. Those common people were so certain that what jesus taught about god that they could even taught it to others and were even willing to die for their belief.
3) Early christians , again did not teach the trinity as the formulation " one god in three persons " was not solidly established certainly not fully assimalated into christian life and its profession of faith , prior to the end of the 4th Century.
4) SO if people really thought about it , the trinity was not taught back in jesus day , even though he is part of it yet he didnt teach it even to his close followers. So obviously this doctirne has come from an outside source into the church. This was even foretold back in jesus day by his diciples they said that there would be an apostasy , a deviation , a falling away from true worship until jesus return.
5) ALso , Jesus warned his followers by saying : " When I have gone fierce wolves will invade you and will have no mercy on the flock . Even from your own ranks there will be men coming forward with a travesty of the truth on thier lips to induce the disciples to follow them." WHat does this mean , well people will come into the church and become "follower" of christ and then begin teaching false doctrines not contained in the bible , but use the scriptures to fit what they are teaching to lure people away from true worship. Well , if someone is "strong" in the faith of true worship , how can they let themselves be taken away from true worship?
6) Paul wrote : " The time is sure to come when , far from being content with sound teaching , people will avid for the latest novelty and collect themselves a whole series of teachers according to their own tastes ; and then instead of listening to truths , they will turn to myths" - 2 Tim 4:3,4 ( Catholic Jerusalem Bible ) Another trabslation reders this verse another way : " For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with healthful teaching , but , in accord with their own desires , they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears from truth , whereas they will be turned to false stories." ( New World Translation).
Well from this people will get tired of listening to " Sound teaching " , such as some people feel that to live their lives according to gods word is hard and some may also feel that it constricts them in there life so then they will "follow their own desires and and accumulate teachers for themselves". Does this make sense too even though? To leave from say one church because it restricts them in the life and their desires and go to another church , for these people they would go to another church to " have their ears tickled " the like what they hear , makes them feel good. Then they will totally turn from truth to false stories , Such as the trinity. Why do people do this , well for most as from I have seen it , is that people want to have there cake and eat it too. They want to be able to go to church on sunday believe these " False stories" make them feel good have their ears tickled thinking they are doing right in gods view , and then go and do whatever they want.
7) Last point. If the trinity is a triune godhead and all three are connected and to be taken as one , then why when jesus was baptized according to Matthew 3:16 that Jesus " saw descending like a dove gods spirit upon him," So from that gods spirit descended upon jesus at his baptism , showing that jesus was not anointed by holy spirit until ONLY that time. Think about that ! How could jesus be part of a trinity where he had always been one with the holy spirit. "
You might like to put your future posts in paragraphs so it's easier to read your opinions