Trinity discussion - link me up please

by Inquisitor 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

the sooner people realise that jesus is the personification of the sun, the sooner these pointless threads about the trinity will stop.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Are you saying that you imagine that it is much easier for staunch Christians to admit that their God is a Pagan product than it is for them to argue over the Trinity doctrine?

INQ

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Links I believe will assist you http://home.comcast.net/~neirr/believeintrinity.htm excellent essay in response to The Watchtower publication (including a brief discussion of John 1:1) http://www.carm.org/jw/john1_1.htm Discussion of John 1:1 just some other thoughts: In the Old Testament there are references to God's Holy Spirit and what is referred to as the Angel of the Lord. Most early church Father's recognize that the "Angel" of the Lord was more than a mere Angel. There are several references to Angel of The LOrd that infer that it is God himself including the one speaking through the burning bush to Moses as well as the name given to Jacob, "Israel" which means "he who wrestles with God" after he wrestled with the Angel of The Lord. Also note that Scripture says that THE WORD saw it not robbery to be equal with God. But that he emptied and humbled himself lower than the angels. Simply, you do not seek what you have. He was equal with God and was clearly above the angels in order to lower himself. Several texts in the NT have the scribes and pharisees making an acknowledgement that Jesus was saying things that make him Equal to God. Though he never stopped being God when he became man, he relinquished himself of his power and authority in order to live and suffer as a man. So that everything done while he was on earth was given to him by The Father. Even Jesus stated that he has the power to take leave his life and take his life up again. John 10:17 Notice also where The Watchtower renders Jehovah to the all the places where KURIOS is in the New Testament EXCEPT for where it says JESUS is JEHOVAH in Philippians 2:11. THey leave it as Jesus Christ is Lord, eventhough the Greek says Kurios. For sake of keeping this post short, that's all I'll write for now.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    Links I believe will assist you http://home.comcast.net/~neirr/believeintrinity.htm excellent essay in response to The Watchtower publication (including a brief discussion of John 1:1) http://www.carm.org/jw/john1_1.htm Discussion of John 1:1 just some other thoughts: In the Old Testament there are references to God's Holy Spirit and what is referred to as the Angel of the Lord. Most early church Father's recognize that the "Angel" of the Lord was more than a mere Angel. There are several references to Angel of The LOrd that infer that it is God himself including the one speaking through the burning bush to Moses as well as the name given to Jacob, "Israel" which means "he who wrestles with God" after he wrestled with the Angel of The Lord. Also note that Scripture says that THE WORD saw it not robbery to be equal with God. But that he emptied and humbled himself lower than the angels. Simply, you do not seek what you have. He was equal with God and was clearly above the angels in order to lower himself. Several texts in the NT have the scribes and pharisees making an acknowledgement that Jesus was saying things that make him Equal to God. Though he never stopped being God when he became man, he relinquished himself of his power and authority in order to live and suffer as a man. So that everything done while he was on earth was given to him by The Father. Even Jesus stated that he has the power to take leave his life and take his life up again. John 10:17 Notice also where The Watchtower renders Jehovah to the all the places where KURIOS is in the New Testament EXCEPT for where it says JESUS is JEHOVAH in Philippians 2:11. THey leave it as Jesus Christ is Lord, eventhough the Greek says Kurios. For sake of keeping this post short, that's all I'll write for now. - Kristofer

Thank you for that gem about Jesus is Kyrios. I looked at the carm link. It's the first time I read anything about JWs on that site that doesn't leave me shaking my head at carm.org INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit