My friend was "announced" last night!

by fullofdoubtnow 31 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

sorry youre having to go through the emotional blackmail thing, it sux!

dont know if you've got a college nearby, but signing up for a night class is one way of getting out and about and meeting new people, youve got time to do anything you want now.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life.

This will be an exciting and scarry time for you. You will get to experience new thing and actually enjoy life.

I've been out for 10 years and still feel like a kid when Christmas time rolls around.

Gook luck with you journey.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi marion, you've been in my thoughts as well. hang in there .. i've got a lot of support and advice here when i've had bad days.. so use us if you need us! hugs

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    He asked her how she could be so stupid, and told her that this was the last call of any kind he would be making to her, and she won't be allowed to see her grandchildren again until she comes to her senses.

How devastating! My heart goes out to her.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi again,

Thankyou once more for all your support, it means so much to me. Linda told me she felt there was more love on this board than in all the congregations put together, and I can see why. There is a genuine feel about this board of a depth that I can't remember ever experiencing as a Witness. I sort of feel at home here, and hope to join soon, I haven't decided what alias to use yet though.

Thankyou once again, and all my love

Marion xxx

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Marion, My warmest love is going your way. My mom is a little older than you and I wish she would be so courageous. I wish you well and happy.

One good thing about not being a JW is that all that energy you were going to waste pioneering can be used to actually help others, ignoring the resolution #5 of the recent convention: "We utterly refuse to become involved in futile interfaith movements, as well as social programs and schemes designed to perpetuate a system that God has condemned to failure." Like children or elderly or ?? Things to really help people will keep your mind active(I hear retirement can be hard on folks)and your spirit happy. Make sure that you keep doing things to make you happy, whatever that is. Living well is the best revenge!

I'm very proud of you for being honest with yourself and others. Thats so brave.

• moshe
    moshe

So sorry to hear about another family split over leaving the KH. If and when the kids do come to their senses they will be royally upset with Mom for getting them into JW's ,too. They have lost their childhood because of their Mom's indoctrinations. Very few get out of this mess with paying a price.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Dear Marion,

I am so sad for you. I can't imagine how it would feel for your son to turn against you......and not be able to be with

your grand-children. What cruelty.

Of course the gb have to insist on that because you know too much. The mafia have their ways to "silence" those who know

too much, and the WBTS has theirs, both are cruel and wicked.

I pray the pain will not be unbearable.

yesidid

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome Marion (my wife's name)

I have experienced all that you mentionsuch as grandchildren and great grand children that I have never seen, but we never give up hope. It has been 26 years since I left and only now recently has one of my daughters introduced me to my greatgrandson who is now 2 years old. and another one of my five daughters has recently written me a letter. My youngest of 5 does not shun me because she is inactive. So always make sure your door is open to them if they change their mind.

• James Free
    James Free

Welcome and congratulations on having the courage to leave the WT. I left after 30 years, including being a regular pioneer. But it is NOT the 'truth' and is built on sand. Was I so stupid not to see it before? No, I saw lots that was wrong, as do many witnesses, but I closed my mind to it as we are trained to do, rather than go down the path of 'rebelliousness against the FDS'. When I finally accepted the GB was not appointed by God, it became so much easier to see the lies, manipulation and total lack of love there and leave. But it took 30 years! Anyway, it is NEVER too late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit