How would witnesses respond to this quote?

by gumby 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

byw.....don't forget me in your e-mails or I'm gonna woop ya.????????WHATS THAT???PRAY TELL!!!!

You may not get my e-mails But from my mouth to Gods ears-I mention you to him all the time (((((HUGS GUMBY)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    They pile on these extra "rules" - keeps people confused so in the end they abide w/the original hard line rules - "To be safe".

Ain't THAT the trooth!

Two of my boys who were never baptized, announced as bad association or anything of that nature---had moved back to this town after high school graduation. Hubby and I were still down in WVA, and both boys told me that the JWs they had known and grown up with, were treating them like lepers when they saw them in the stores, etc. Nobody knew what "status" they had, and so rather than "displease Jehovah" (gag), they ignored and snubbed them entirely.

What a stupid way to treat people and what a stupid mentality they exhibit. Rather than incur the wrath of any elders or gossipy sisters who might [gasp] see them talking to someone, they take the leap that all others are automatically living lives of sin. It's that "we are superior to you" attitude that gripes me so much.

• gumby
    gumby

Mouthy.....so you've been squeelin on me to Jehovah have ya? I hope you didn't tell him I had a habit of using the word nutsack all the time or he ain't never gonna forgive me. Hey, I've been reading "The Case for a Creator" if'n it makes ya feel any better.

Annie,

What a stupid way to treat people and what a stupid mentality they exhibit. Rather than incur the wrath of any elders or gossipy sisters who might [gasp] see them talking to someone, they take the leap that all others are automatically living lives of sin. It's that "we are superior to you" attitude that gripes me so much.

I think it's this attitude that gripes all of us. They exclude all of mankind from any hope of salvation despite the fact that many people are good, loving, caring, sincere, and have the same love that the witness boast of......except for their love isn't "conditional" as are the witnesses love for others.

When you don't allow people into your group for non conformance to a strict set of rules and beliefs that they have.....it gives people an abrasive attitude toward you.....just like the WTBTS has toward them by most people who know of them well.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Hey KYW13....see there, you prayed to Jehovah and the gang came back. Now where's that damn Unclebruce?

You'd be better off leaving me out of your prayers bro Gumby. Jehovah shuns me nowerdays This thread has made interesting reading, many nails hit on the head. cheers, Lee.

• carla
    carla

Mouthy,

You told her you were praying to God AND Jesus??!!! And that the Holy Spirit was teaching you!!! Well, there you go, those two together is what got you in trouble- Jesus and the Holy Spirit! I know my jw has problems with the Holy Spirit and Jesus? you know how they feel about Him!

On one hand they will say the Holy Spirit teaches but are not quite clear on whom the Holy Spirit will or can teach. They know its in the Bible but, there is always a 'but' attached to it. Somehow the org is needed.

As for shunning? I think most jw's will go along with the group think on the matter rather than look up what the society has printed on the matter for a final authority.

• Mary
    Mary

Good to see you back u/b

Loyal worshipers of Jehovah will want to adhere to the inspired counsel at I Corinthians 5:11.

What I find interesting about this quote is that 1 Corinthians 5: 11 says:

But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.

Hmmm..........I would ask a family member point blank to point out where it says you should ignore a family member for not believing that the WTS is God's sole communication with mankind........

• heatherg
    heatherg

cuz the dubs say close kin can come home if'n they are in a bind doncha know? I don't know, my Dad is an elder and when I got df'd I got kicked outta the house, asked to never come back, plus I could only have what I could take with me at that moment. I've been denied anything that I used to have, including heirlooms given to me by my grandparents! When people meet them for the first time, I've found out that they never knew my parents had a daughter they thought they only had sons (my brothers). So my ex-parents took it to the extreme, whereas other families I knew of while I was in regularly visited with their df'd children. Heather

• gumby
    gumby

Mary said,

What I find interesting about this quote is that 1 Corinthians 5: 11 says:

But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.

Hmmm..........I would ask a family member point blank to point out where it says you should ignore a family member for not believing that the WTS is God's sole communication with mankind........

What is also interesting is even when you tell the witnesses you no longer wish to be called a brother since you no longer wish to be a part of their organisation.....they STILL treat you as though you are a brother by shunning you.

Witnesses who fade off slowly and become inactive for many years and become "wordly", are many times left alone by elders since these ones are no longer recognised as Jehovahs Witnesses by the public nor by the congregation. These ones never get the label slapped on them ( DFed ) and are not always shunned by other members.....yet if one tells the brothers he no longer wishes to be one of Jehovahs Witnesses.......they disassociate you and you are treated the same as disfellowshipped ones and are shunned by all witnesses, go figure.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dan:

Normally, a close relative would not be disfellowshipped
    for associating with a disfellowshipped person unless there
    is spiritual association or an effort made to justify or
    excuse the wrongful course.

The way I understand the above is that the "wrongful course" of association, that needs repenting of, has already been embarked upon. Justify the association in any way to a company man and your ass is grass.

• Mary
    Mary

I think the information found on this link proves that the extreme form of shunning that the Witnesses practice has no basis in the scriptures:

http://www.xjw.com/shunning.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit