How would witnesses respond to this quote?

by gumby 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

Welcome Linabean. Thanks for your input. How long have you been a JW? I was for 21 years. There have been a lot of changes through the years, but as far as I know this associating w/DFed ones has always been a prohibition. And if someone does decide for himself to associate w/a family member or relative it is done on the sly and not broadcasted about. They want to cover their own asses. Who wants to be marked? That in itself carries a huge stigma.

As you said, you must be in a very "liberal thinking" cong. which the society would not be too keen on. Watch out. You possibly are in for a restructuring - sending people here and there thus mixing up the "liberal-minded" with the "more mature".

Juni

• KW13
    KW13

being an independent thinker ultimately leads to being disfellowshipped then obviously shunned. not being able to think for yourself? how daft can it get??

• luna2
    luna2
    Normally, a close relative would not be disfellowshipped
    for associating with a disfellowshipped person unless there
    is spiritual association or an effort made to justify or
    excuse the wrongful course.

Hmmm. I had a friend once upon a time who used to go visit and even go on trips with her df'd (I think df'd...she might have da'd herself) daughter. This gal's whole family is JW so there are lots o' elders (and prolly elder manuals) available...and she was even married to an elder once...so she must have been aware of this clause. She was very, very careful who she told about her visits, though, cuz she knew that she'd catch some flack for her decision to talk to her daughter from the lubbing friendly friends in the congo.

Its interesting that there seems to be different standards set by the WTS. If you had some very strict and self-righteous elders who were giving you grief, it would be good to know the info above. Too bad most dubs don't.

• delilah
    delilah

Hi Gumby....good question....and good information you got there. I had no idea of the info from the handbook. When I was young, about 19 or 20, I was DF'd, and had nowhere to go, after being kicked out of my friend's apartment. She was daughter of the PO in a big city near here, and well, you know....................SOoooo, I called home, to ask if I could come back home. My parents took me in, thank goodness, who knows what would have happened to me, and truthfully, my parents knew that also. No-one spoke to me, other than a good friend of mine, but only when nobody was looking....It sure made me feel like a low-life, good-for-nothing,fool. Nobody should ever be made to feel like that.

As Juni mentioned, it definitely depends on who you are in the congregation, whether one can "get away" with associating with their Df'd loved ones. I've seen ones who were shunned by EVERYONE,to the point of being rude, including their families, then there were those who were treated no differently by their families and even others.( It was like a big family get-together for them,hand-shaking, back-slapping," hi- how- are-you?", every meeting.) It really does depend on the congregation.

So much for the society's claim of being united in their worship and practices, worldwide....

I agree with KW13, this DFing thing does hurt a lot of people....it's not right, and I think it's bullshite. There, I've said more than I probably needed to.

• gumby
    gumby

Dang....looks like me bein a crybaby about lack of posts payed off Me thinks I'm gonna complain more now.

Mary said,

Gumby.......who wonders how come he only got 12 replies so far

Cause you didn't post it under "Friends" silly. That always gets the most hits as that's where 90% of the people on here spend the majority of the time.

So that's it eh? You damn apostates don't appreciate the more spiritual things such as "Beliefs and Doctrines" and ya just like ta talk about wordly stuff on the" friends " threads.....k, I see now how all of ya are. Your all gonna burn in hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FF,

In an organization that doesn't remotely resemble anything "normal" all it takes is a single word to give them all the leeway they want to do whatever they please at any particular moment.
    How true. Yes, the society has always been top notch at their word usage. Just like in the "Voting" article. 6 times they said it was up to a person conscience in that article.... yet the jist of the article was demonising anyone who would vote. Gill, As you say, a family shouldn't let the dictates of this organisation keep them away from their families....but unfortunately this organisation has not only a hold on their minds....but also their hearts. Linabean....welcome to the forum.
    Hi, I knew of this guideline. Maybe my hall is more lenient, but I don't have the attitude that you can't talk at all to df'd ones and especially not if there family. I think some people choose to make there own rules about this subject and push them on others....
    Glad you are not of that mindset Linabean.....that's great. My family will at least talk to me but no socializing is allowed, so I'm grateful for that. Actually, the rules of the society towards DFed ones is to not even say a greeting to them and to not have any contact with them unless it's absolutely neccesary......they haven't changed their standing on this. Luckily, there are SOME witnesses who do not abide by this rule....but even these will sometimes apply it when they are seen by fellow witnesses such as at the kingdom hall. Ky 13 and Juni....thanks for making excuses for me as to why people didn't post much on this thread and not tellin me it's because I have yellow toenails cuz that always embarrasess the heck outta me. Gumfungatitis
  • gumby
    gumby

Hey Luna and delilah...by the time my post finally posted, you two already had said stuff.

Yes, I agree it depends on the atmosphere of a kingdom hall as far as how rules are followed and applied.....especially if any Elder is lax and he has a great influence on the others.

So much for the society's claim of being united in their worship and practices, worldwide....

Boy ain't that the truth.....witnesses will even tell you that congregations differ from one place to the next as to strictness.

Hey KYW13....see there, you prayed to Jehovah and the gang came back. Now where's that damn Unclebruce?

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

Normally, a close relative would not be disfellowshipped

for associating with a disfellowshipped person unless there

is spiritual association or an effort made to justify or

excuse the wrongful course.

Many years ago my daughter ( a JW) came to visit after I came out of hospital.... But has not bothered with me since WHY???? Because I told her I am loving GOD & Jesus Christ, & I believe the HOLY SPIRIT is teaching me. THAT is why I am no having her love NOW---Because in the WT mind I am unrepentant by not worshipping the "Faithful & Disceit Slave" I am dead spiritually to them

Hi Gumby my grandson hows my boy (((((HUG))) Mouthy

• gumby
    gumby

Granny....you wicked 'ol woman.....get yourself back to the kingdom hall and start worshipping Jehovah....ya hear!!!!!!

Hiya Granny

Last Sunday the scripture was read concerning.......... "but lord, whom shall we go away to, you have the savings of everlasting life".....and every comment during the watchtower study applied it to the organisation rather than Christ. If they could read scripture without Watchtower glasses on, they would see they don't need to go anywhere other than to Christ, but they continue to equate god and Jesus to their organisation.

byw.....don't forget me in your e-mails or I'm gonna woop ya.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    Mouthy said: Many years ago my daughter ( a JW) came to visit after I came out of hospital.... But has not bothered with me since WHY???? Because I told her I am loving GOD & Jesus Christ, & I believe the HOLY SPIRIT is teaching me.

Aw geeze Grace....that's pretty low. Loving God and Jesus.....ya just can't get any worse than that. And having the Holy Spirit teach you??!! Why would you need the HS to teach you when you could have the Craptower* teach you everything you need to know!

*produced by the Fickle and Demented Slobber Class

• KW13
    KW13
    Now where's that damn Unclebruce?

dunno, i dont think austrailians can read can they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit